anything other than performance?? (1 Viewer)

GlittaStar

lol hannah & bec!

anyone go to state drama camp last year? man, there were some talents there!

*cajunga*

i did theatre criticism, i'm the only one i know doing it. it was probably one of the easiest options though - only four reviews of 800 words - nothing! i'm glad i did it, it'll be interesting to see how i go...
no one in my class did applied research, or director's portfolio. heaps of work.

Meesh

video drama...

mine rocked... but i had this one audio problem, its unfixable and its all the camera and computers fault... i loved my video so much im gonna put i on kazaa soon... look out for it, its called 'epiphany' ...my dad was the star. is anyone here entering trop fest this year? i am! 'rock' seems pretty cool...

my video for my IP was about his guy who has this dream that he got fired, wakes up and goes to work... misses a bus & ends up late, elevators are borked (just a crappy day) ... gets to work and i have this whole mad intro for the boss with music from korn... the father finds that he doesnt get fried even though he has a flash back to his dream... anyways, on his way home... it starts raining, his shirt is untucked, he hada bad day... he finds this newspaper & picks it up.. i then cut to black and white images of poverty/disaster... enya is playin in the background... i then cut to his face

the camera pans around his face... as he looks ot the sky... he gets home, walks in the door... wife asks "how was your day?" he stops and thinks for another moment and replies "good" .... the money shot is when he smiles and the middle by jimmy eats world plays... its so powerful...

ahaha... ;) it was so fun... i filled 2 books of real writing with ideas and crap.... no useless stick ins to take up space.

pinkbella

Dancing naked in the moonlight (can't handle it? d
I just re-read my script for the first time since I submitted it and never wanted to see it again...
and to be honest, it isnt as bad as I thought it was...
if you hated your projects, you should probably revisit them (y'know, instead of studying for theory!) bc they're prob not too bad!

I was the only person in my year that did scriptwriting, but according to my teacher a lot of the ones she saw last year, because she marked scripts, were really stereotypical and often about the teenage girlfriend/boyfriend scenarios. And apparently the markers look down on that, like they do in GP.
I'm pretty glad I didn't go for that now! If you didn't either (no matter which project you did) theres something else :)

And has anyones project been nominated for onstage or havent they been marked yet?

Confuzzled?!

HSC
well, i'd like to look back on my project...
but..i don't think they've returned "Costume Design" portfolios back. lol....

i felt mine was pretty crummy! >=\ So dull & boring & crappppieeee.

cpd

I did "Design: Poster and Promotion" or whatever it was. Oh my god, I'm so glad it's over, I hated it, and I really don't care what I get out of 30 for it right now, 20 or over would be nice, but meh. Not many people do promotion though, seems drawing is beyond most people... Maybe I should have done art? :p

gonzalina

often about the teenage girlfriend/boyfriend scenarios
well, my script had boyfriend/girlfriend stuff in it...but my teacher basically told me to shove it in.. cause my play wasn't about that, but about the girl not wanting to move away, so i needed something for her to stay for (for her to chuck a tantrum about, without the audience ending up hating her). so i hope that doesn't make it sterioptypical...oh well, nothing i can do about it now anyway!

pinkbella

Dancing naked in the moonlight (can't handle it? d
Originally posted by gonzalina

well, my script had boyfriend/girlfriend stuff in it...but my teacher basically told me to shove it in.. cause my play wasn't about that, but about the girl not wanting to move away, so i needed something for her to stay for (for her to chuck a tantrum about, without the audience ending up hating her). so i hope that doesn't make it sterioptypical...oh well, nothing i can do about it now anyway!
Nah, I'm sure your script was fine!!
As long as it wasn't about some pain in the ass fourteen year old bitching because the hottest guy in school won't ask here to the formal, I think there's nothing to worry about.

Rhino

Originally posted by flosh's gurl
just wondering whether anyone is doing anything other than performance for their individual works?? i know of a couple of people doing costume and program but is anyone doing applied research?? or am i the only one in the entire universe????
I did applied research project. i compared three different plays on Joan of Arc, and how she has been portrayed. I looked at how her story had been changed, and how the history of these plays has been altered to suit the stage and audience.

What did you do?

flosh's gurl

basically mine was examining louis nowra's play radiance. but within that whether the thematic concerns the "white" playwright deals with are actually the real concerns of aboriginal people in the local community. basicaly did he get it right. bit strange but it left me heaps of room to fill up with interviews and statistics ect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)