• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

AOS creative (1 Viewer)

fatmike93

HSC
ey. i think i;ve got an awesome idea for my belonging creatie writing,except i don't know how ot expand or make it into a 1000+ word story.

so far all i've got is a book. this book symbolises all these stuff. this book is left on the shelf, untouched. it may be a gift from a past relative or firends or someone in my past. etc. I've deceided to make the book about love poetry or something else corny like that. DON't laugh.

anyways, any one got ideas on how to link it to belonging more or how to improve on this draft. any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Cheers

palindromeish

HSC
Well seeing that you'll be using the book as the motif of your short story I guess you could let your main character use the book as a means of reflection. Since its a book on love poetry I guess you'll be looking at a story along the lines of - person reflects on past relationships and its failure (not belonging aspect) since the book remains untouched. If you're pro enough use extracts of a real poem (and do state its name and author to avoid being called up for plagiarism) and write about how the character is able to relate to this.
Though rather than the poetry book I would have used a photo album instead, my opinion don't let it sway you. I can't judge how well you can write, but unless you believe that you'll be able to pull it off, I would advise you against writing anything to do with love. I know the marking centre hates it.
Sorry I really don't think i'm much help, struggling to make a creative writing piece myself for half yearies =[

fatmike93

HSC
hey thanks. i've started on a similar idea.
i tweaked my originial so now the book is Disney's Sleeping beauty. and i'll make the sleeping princess parallel to the kid with the book's mother. but instead of his mum goin to sleep, his mom goes into a depressing state, neglecting him.

yeh, its a work in progress

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)