AOS Discovery Analytical Writing (1 Viewer)

collo234

HSC
Hi all, i was wondering if anyone could help deconstruct this quote and maybe even recommend a related text that could suit this quote:
'Discoveries can be evoked by necessity or planning yet reveal consequences which change our perceptions of the world or others.'
Prescribed text - any two poems by Robert Frost

Snowflek

HSC
A human necessity or a planned event can bring about a discovery. I remember my teacher telling us a story where he had to go (planned to go to the shops) to the shops to buy food (necessity), and when he was walking down the street to a corner store, he discovered this road that he never realised. <Thats an example of discovery made by necessity and somewhat planning because he planned to go and buy food which is a necessity. The ending 'Perceptions of the world or others' is just soooo broad that you can literally talk about anything.

I recommend this short animated film which demonstrates a planned event --> revealing a major discovry --> changing the perception of himself, his wife, his son, and the general public. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOMbySJTKpg

collo234

HSC
Okay thank you for the clarification! I'll have a look at the short film, thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)