AOS paper 1, last section- help! (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey was there a breakdown of the AOS paper 1 on here last time?
Can someone explain what is expected in the mini essay for the last section of paper 1?
This is where we pick two of the texts in the paper which are the most effective in conveying [insert discovery concept]
how is it's structure?
intro, first text, second text, synthesis?

DepressedPenguino

HSC
Bump :) I want to know too! I heard that if my prescribed text is robert gray's poems, I need to include 3 of this poems alongside 1 related text in the AOS (paper 1) essay. If so, that would be 4 texts in one essay? Is this true?

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
okay
like a mini essay
(1) you have to read the question. if it says one text, just one
(2) learn how to recognise techniques, basically in AOS you use techniques and explanation that links to Q
(3) write about a page-1.5 pages
(4) be concise, not waffling in the intro or anywhere (that's General tip for essays)
(5) address the question directly
just some tips

HSC
Bump :) I want to know too! I heard that if my prescribed text is robert gray's poems, I need to include 3 of this poems alongside 1 related text in the AOS (paper 1) essay. If so, that would be 4 texts in one essay? Is this true?
That's what I heard too. For prescribed, poems have to be in a series just think of it like a book where each poem is a different chapter
So you pretty much have 4 texts in it but the poems are connected with each other making it one
okay
like a mini essay
(1) you have to read the question. if it says one text, just one
(2) learn how to recognise techniques, basically in AOS you use techniques and explanation that links to Q
(3) write about a page-1.5 pages
(4) be concise, not waffling in the intro or anywhere (that's General tip for essays)
(5) address the question directly
just some tips
Thanks for that^
I just want to clarify is paper 1 like this:
(15marks)-multiple texts to analyse, short answer questions+longer response at the end(5 marker so how many pages?)
(15marks)-creative writing
(15marks)-essay with prescribed+ rm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)