Apple's New Calling: The iPhone (1 Viewer)

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
Apple most rumoured and anticipated has been confirmed and has been given a face. The iPhone sports a large touch screen display which replaces the need for actual buttons. For example when you need to dial a number the screen puts forwards a dialling interface, when the telecommunications component of iPhone is not in use the buttons disappear. The iPhone also has multimedia features built into the device which should be able to do the usual (music, videos, and photos). The iPhone will be released in two models one with 4Gb memory and the other 8Gb. The iPhone also has wifi capabilities which would mean internet and email functions, all of these features are supported by Apples operating system, none other than the OS X. The Apple iPhone is basically a portable computer which so happens to have the feature of being a phone. Pricing US $499 for a 4GB model and US $599 for 8GB.

Full Article at:
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1575410-1,00.html

mizosoup

HSC
Crap, I saw this and damn.... Can you spell sexy?

I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you're not convinced, watch this this and see if you don't cream your pants

AppleXY

s00 l33t xD
HSC
Uni Grad
lol.. sadly its gonna b released in Asia in 2008 (ha, wen i complete vce, GREAT! xD)

fatmuscle

HSC
as a phone and as an ipod, it looks awesome.
functionality wise for the other stuff, i'm not too sure.

I'll still stick with PDA phones (windows mobile) until i have a good go at one :p

where's the thread about apple tv?!?!?

AppleXY

s00 l33t xD
HSC
Uni Grad
fatmuscle said:
where's the thread about apple tv?!?!?
Apple TV is pretty ordinary. Really, its merely just a more better version of the iPod. You can watch Movies, TV Shows, Pictures and listen to music all on your TV by just connecting a special adapter to your Video iPod. Plus, Apple doesn't care about aus lol we don't get Movies or TV Shows in iTMS so it's not really revelant to us.

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
I was surprised when it was in black. I would have thought they would have gone with their signature white...

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
lol Cisco probly quickly rolled out their verison of the "iPhone" just to sue apple as soon as they release their iPhone.

korrupt samurai

Sneaker Addict
HSC
"http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=aaC3V.tdkqos&refer=us" well Apple might aswell call it iMobile, iPhones have been out years before apple's version of iPhones..

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
Check this out the apple iPhone look alot like the LG KE850

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
i really want one too..too bad its not here till like. agessss.

hmm. a holiday to the states wouldn't be too bad...just to get that haha X)

if you ask me. don't get it..

there will probably be a iPhone mini. then a nano. then a iphone shuffle.. how that'd work i don't know. better ask apple. =/

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
The only thing which I reckon that could hold it back is if it's all network locked and only available through select retailers in Australia.

HSC
By the time it comes out in Australia, chances are there will already be improvements to the iPhone. Also, they wouldn't have made it the best they could, because if they did, where could they go from there?
politik said:
Why? It runs OS X 10.5. That's enough to put it over the top of any phone.
Oh, i didn't realise it runs Leopard! :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)