applet windows (1 Viewer)

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
hi, i'm not very good with some of the technical computer stuff and i was actually wondering about my internet banking...
it uses an applet window...

do they save to your computer? like say a normal chat applet window - does it save like an msn log? and if so would a bank one save as well?

i'm not sure how they work if they are like strickly an internet thing or not...

sunny

meh.
HSC
MissSavage29 said:
do they save to your computer? like say a normal chat applet window - does it save like an msn log? and if so would a bank one save as well?
An applet is a small program that gets downloaded into your computer, and is designed to run from inside your browser. That way, everytime you go to the website, the program just loads from the copy you have in your computer rather than redownloading it each time. Whether it saves a log depends on the program, I would imagine a bank one wouldn't go and save one.

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
yes i wouldnt imagine a bank applet saving your information you type, it would be common sense not to incase a worm was released that searched your computer for this exact information. (which i wouldnt be suprised at if theres a tonne of them out there already)

anyway i'd be super carefull with net banking, i would only use it if i seriously had no other option. you never know you could have a keylogger on your comp or someone might tap into the information...
just my opinion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)