Application Guide for med/dent to Oz (1 Viewer)

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
no we hav MBBS/Medsci..
u could ask the dean directly for Arts/MBBS and technically since others grant it.. so should he..
and it would be easier to get pts cos we start electives in yr 1.. if i recall lots of ppl just spend an extra summer or 2 and they qualify for arts too so in 6.5 yrs u could

with ruse its a nice school.. yes it is a factory in a sense but then it is a selective school too that encourages other things besides academics .. :)

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
inasero said:
i have 2 edit this list:

sique - UNSW
skywalker -UNSW
inasero - Monash
AKGumbi- Monash
Superman- Monash
eskimo- Monash
keen - Adel
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ - Adel
wait i kno sique is a girl.. i can vouch for that mostly ;) lolz shes goin to hit me..:( and she hits hard
but is anyone else?.. cos i think the rest of the med ppl here are guys..
altho inasero and keen.. act lik girls :p

altho.. med schools are only 33-45% boys :S.. this forum numbers are misleading..

inasero

Reborn
HSC
lol whos acting like a girl? that is a very sexist way to talk about these bitches!

sambo_rambo

HSC
Hi everyone!
I'm new at writing on these forum things...but I have a burning question.
I am applying for medicine at UNSW and Newcastle, with UNSW as my first preference. I have heard that if you put any med school as your second preference, then you won't get in. I'm am not sure what kind of range my UAI will lie in in comparison to my UMAT scores, so I am worried about whether I will get into UNSW. Does anyone know if I can still get at interview at Newcastle if I don't get into UNSW? Or will my "second-preferencing" it ruined any chance?
Thanks,

Sam

Last edited:

ishq

brown?
HSC
Dallas said something similar - i.e UNCLE will know that they are your second preference and that might influence their decision to take you on.

Keen

MD
HSC
Yes it does matter if you put UNCLE as your first or second preference. You stand a higher chance of getting into whicher one you put in first as you get in their 'major round' draw. So I suggest if you don't want to go to UNSW or don't think you'll have a chance i.e. bad UMAT, low UAI to put UNCLE as your first preference before they do the interview selection.

Keen

Zali

HSC
How do u no that? i thought u had an equal chance of getting an interview at both as they both hav separate applicatoins and only look at that and ure UMAT for 1st round interviews. At NUCLE they dont even look at ure UAI until after ure interview

Keen

MD
HSC
They just do, well I was told by someone that they did (this is very similar to what they do at Adelaide Uni with Med & Dent - where they clearly tell you this), and I think it's practically true as I got Umat scores that should have got me an interview but I put UNSW first and I didn't. I'm not 100% sure - call UNCLE Med Admisions - but something to be weary of.

Keen

inasero

Reborn
HSC
wow if so...that's a scary prospect and at the same time very devious of UNCLE as it wasn't stated anywhere!

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Dear XXXX

The position of Newcastle amongst your UAC pereferences will not
influence the interview process at Newcastle (ie determining
eligibilirty for interview), it will though influence the allocation
process when UAC are offering places for courses. That is UAC will
offer you the highest preference for which you are eligible as such you
should carefully consider the ordre in which you place your
preferences.

Regards

Tracey

Tracey Bristow
Program Officer (BMed)
Faculty of Health
University of Newcastle
Callaghan NSW 2308

inasero

Reborn
HSC
yeah as i thought- UNCLE doesnt know about nor manage the preferences because that's UAC's job, so in conclusion, it won't matter which uni you list first

Zali

HSC
yeah i didnt think they looked at ure prefferences. this is reasuring. good work velox

ishq

brown?
HSC
Great!
Thanks velox!

Glad one 2005'er is proactive. :D

hsoy711

HSC
Med

Pssst.

The word on the street is that Newcastle might be stopping the med course. People who failed and should have repeated were pushed through, another marking scandal for this uni maybe?

Come to UNSW everyone, you know you want to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)