Application of calculus to the physical world ... HELP PLZZZZZZZZZZ (1 Viewer)

vaugh

HSC
N/A
1. X:65t^2+14t

Q: find the maximum displacement

2. V:7t^2+16t

Q: find the maximum velocity.

Can someone provide the full solution for this please, i have an exam coming up

Any help would be appreciated

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
1. maximum displacement occurs when v = 0, so find the time at v=0 and sub it into X to find the displacement. (you'll need to differentiate x to get v)
2. maximum velocity occurs when a = 0, so find the time at a=0 and sub it into V to find the max velocity (you'll need to differentiate v to get a)

vaugh

HSC
N/A
1. maximum displacement occurs when v = 0, so find the time at v=0 and sub it into X to find the displacement. (you'll need to differentiate x to get v)
2. maximum velocity occurs when a = 0, so find the time at a=0 and sub it into V to find the max velocity (you'll need to differentiate v to get a)
If the question asks for a maximum speed: im guessing u can do
"2. maximum velocity occurs when a = 0, so find the time at a=0 and sub it into V to find the max velocity (you'll need to differentiate v to get a)"

If it asks for maximum acceleration, im guessing you would need to different acceleration =0, and sub it back to acceleration to get max ??

Please correct me if im as wrong.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
If the question asks for a maximum speed: im guessing u can do
"2. maximum velocity occurs when a = 0, so find the time at a=0 and sub it into V to find the max velocity (you'll need to differentiate v to get a)"

If it asks for maximum acceleration, im guessing you would need to different acceleration =0, and sub it back to acceleration to get max ??

Please correct me if im as wrong.
I think they only ask max acceleration in SHM, where you just need to look at the range of the function

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)