Application to ANU Law/Arts (1 Viewer)

salonpas

HSC
Hello everyone, I am an international student awaiting entry to ANU Law/Arts in Jul 2010. Just wanna ask:

1. Do I need to make it known NOW (in my application) that I want to pursue honours programme, or is honours programme only made available to me if I have done well in the later years of my studies? I notice that for the BSc students, they are offered honours upon acceptance, and the phrase "BSc(Hons)" is stated in their letter of offer and eCOE.

2. Is it possible to do honours for both degrees?

Thanks guys for the help! :)

mmm_brrraains

HSC
N/A
question 1:
i can only answer for Arts, as I'm not 100% sure on the Honours requirements for Law. For Arts Honours, it can depend on what area you want to do it in, but you'd need at least a Credit average in the relevant later year courses, and some (e.g. archaeology) require a Distinction average. To actually answer your question though, I don't think it's necessary to say you intend to do honours, as it's not guaranteed that you'll even qualify for it when the time comes.

question 2:
yes.

hope that helps!

humphdogg

HSC
Uni Grad
Hello everyone, I am an international student awaiting entry to ANU Law/Arts in Jul 2010. Just wanna ask:

1. Do I need to make it known NOW (in my application) that I want to pursue honours programme, or is honours programme only made available to me if I have done well in the later years of my studies? I notice that for the BSc students, they are offered honours upon acceptance, and the phrase "BSc(Hons)" is stated in their letter of offer and eCOE.

2. Is it possible to do honours for both degrees?

Thanks guys for the help! :)
1) No, you don't need to make it known. As a science student, all you need to do is get a D (70%) average on your courses for your first three years. In your third year, you can apply to do honours the next year, and if your grades are good enough, you get in.
Are you looking here, btw?
ANU - STUDYAT - Bachelor of Science
Because I don't see it saying anything about honours there...
If you apply for Bachelor of Science (Advanced) (Hons), then you get direct entry into Honours. On the other hand, the degree requires you to get a 75% average on your courses, so it's essentially more difficult than getting into honours the normal way...

2) Yes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)