Applying for exchange in first semester? (1 Viewer)

spence

HSC
Hi all, just wondering if this is possible to do. I've looked on the exchange site, it just says you need to complete 18 credit points before going on exchange, it doesn't say you need to have completed any before you apply.

Thanks

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Once students have begun a degree program at Macquarie, the normal requirements for exchange go into effect; students must maintain a GPA of at least 2.5 in their Macquarie degree and complete a minimum of 18 credit points in their Macquarie degree prior to going on exchange.

Pretty simple to read: you must've done 6 subjects (18cp/3cp) which is basically a year of full time study, and maintained a GPA in between pass/credit. So no you can't.

merillem

HSC
http://www.international.mq.edu.au/goingabroad/important/student_exchange

3.3. Students with a Macquarie University GPA of 2.5 or higher are eligible to apply.
3.4. Undergraduate students must have completed at least eighteen (18) credit points at Macquarie University towards their current program of study by the time they participate in the exchange program.

You need to have a GPA over 2.5 when you apply, but only have completed the 18cp by the time you leave.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I don't mean to be rude, but what part about that didn't I already say :|

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)