Applying for just one university (1 Viewer)

choeric17

HSC
Hello, HSC is nearly coming to the end. I am nearly done with trials, and now facing to apply courses.

One problem I am facing is that is it better to choose courses with different univeristy then choosing many courses just in one university ?

What are your thoughts ?

D94

HSC
N/A
It does not make your chances better or worse.

Flop21

HSC
You make your list of preferences in order of preference. Make sure it is in fact your preference from 1 to whatever. If your plan B is to do another course at a different uni, then that's your #2... if it's to do another course at the same uni, then that's your #2... and so on.

leehuan

HSC
Unconventionally, I was like I'm going to UNSW. So I'll just put in these options because I have multiple interests.

Normally people pick a preferred degree and then a uni to get into, not vice versa.

Katebate

HSC
If the atar for your course is exactly the same at all the universities you would consider going to, is it worth putting all three in your preferences? or should you just pick one and move on to other degrees? (I'm not sure whether the recommended atar changes or whether bonus points are different at different universities)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
If the atar for your course is exactly the same at all the universities you would consider going to, is it worth putting all three in your preferences? or should you just pick one and move on to other degrees? (I'm not sure whether the recommended atar changes or whether bonus points are different at different universities)
Yes you should, as you've said there's no guarantee the cutoff will be the same this year or the same among the different universities. Additionally bonus points work differently at each university.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)