(Appreciate) About USYD and MEl (1 Viewer)

skwan

HSC
N/A
(Appreciate) About USYD and MEl SO far I have recieved 2 offers from USYD AND MEL respectively.
The basic situation is as follows:
bachelor of International studies In the university of Sydney
bachelor of commerce in the university of Melbourne

I aware of the fact that it is quite hard for anyone to choose from.
and I knew each of them has it's own benefits;and to debate which one is better is useless.They are both top unis, with the highest level of local demand in each state.

however, I still hope you could analyse those two for me, something about your personal view or something comes from your inner heart.

as you may know International studies is a recent course and i still unsure about the real career path for students who took the course. Beacuse I don't want to take a job which contains too much politics and seriously associated with government. comparatively, i prefer the jobs in a company or private practice. I aware that for both of them, I can take the major: Management or International Business.

besides, The tuition fee of UoM is more expensive, I need to spend approximate more 3100*3years=9100AU (equal to 5.5-6W RMB, I am an international student) in case of choosing UoM. Anyway, the living expenditure in Sydney is higher than Melbourne. Money is another factor which I need to take into account. and also , USYd certainly has a better reputation in China compare with UoM.But it seems UoM's ranks are higher in recently years.faint`````

Now my fate is partially rely on you! i still unable to find a decisive reason for me to discard USYD and Pick up Mel.

Thanks in Advance and I hope you can leave some of your words to help me.
even only one word.

skwan

HSC
N/A
wikiwiki said:
If you don't want to study government, choose Melbourne.

The compulsory courses we do in B Int Studies are all about globalisation and the international economy, so are pretty useful.

*shrugs*

what types of jobs *do* you want?
Thank you so much, wikiwiki, It seems you are such a right person who know the information from the front line.

I am so lucky.globalisation and the international economy?, Yes , that's what i love deeply, but it seems those sort of stuffs are relating to Business rather than government. and although My course is B int studies, I found Business and International business is still on the list of majors for B Int Studies, which means I can take them in my ssophomore. In addition , i viewed the website of usyd depicted: for taking this course , you can also choose non-governmental company or private section of multinational firm as your porsepctive location````````````

skwan

HSC
N/A
wikiwiki said:
Yes, you can.

Also the government subjects can count towards a management major, and are useful for international business.

It seems you would be a good fit.
If you don't want to study government, choose Melbourne. ```````````
It seems you are quite affirmtive````````anyway
How about the course in Sydney university ,could you brieflly introduce this one for me, and I counted this course is only three years old , so so far nobody graduated from it, wondering about the information on employment. how about the teaching quanlity and academic staff of the course .

by the way , can i choose two majors in the second year? i want to study two majors: management and international studies(does this one available) at the same time/ and is it possible to change my course into commerce in USYD,easy or not?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)