Arab-Israeli syllabus point (1 Viewer)

omigodwhenover

gotta love the HSC...
HSC
Hey I'm just making notes for arab-israeli and doing them pretty much to the syllabus and ive only got a very small amount of information for the following syllabus point
  • political and social issues in Arab-Israeli relations in 1967
So far ive just got pan-Arab nationalism, growth of Palestinian nationalism and unity (PLO) and the growth and strengthening of Israel as a country. Can anyone give me any more points that are important? I can research them if someone just gives me a list in dot points...
Thanks in advance :)

league_girl

HSC
i am having alot of trouble with this one too:

so far i also have:

+Fedayeen and Guerilla rise in numbers
+Refugee problems, camps were in poor conditions and breeding grounds for terrorist movements
+1956 Suez crisis

what notes did u have for pan arab nationalism's imapact and the growth of Israel as a nation?

possum?

HSC
Well, you'd have to look at millitary brinksmanship on the part of Nasser, the role of the UN, USSR and USA as well as water; which was one of the big causes of the 67 war.

omigodwhenover

gotta love the HSC...
HSC
Exphate said:
Hmm Political problems in 1967...0h i dunno.

Maybe the SIX DAY WAR?

Could be of little importance I guess...
ermm i think the syllabus point is looking at the background to the 1967 conflict, as the 1967 war is the NEXT syllabus point

omigodwhenover

gotta love the HSC...
HSC
league_girl said:
i am having alot of trouble with this one too:

so far i also have:

+Fedayeen and Guerilla rise in numbers
+Refugee problems, camps were in poor conditions and breeding grounds for terrorist movements
+1956 Suez crisis

what notes did u have for pan arab nationalism's imapact and the growth of Israel as a nation?
for pan-Arab nationalism i just sed it strengthened the unity of Arab nations and helped the Palestinians further develop their sense of identity and unity. It was also a major factor behind the 1967 War because of Nasser.

For growth of Israel as a nation i just said it meant the Palestinians who left could not come back to thier homes because of the rising Palestinian population and i cant remember what else...really need to study

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)