Arc? (1 Viewer)

erm

HSC
More importantly is it worth it? (@ darkwolf)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
ahahahaha, awesome link darkwolfzx.

And im notta arc member, not really needed, u can survive without it. Just look at all their deals, and see if u will actually take advantage of em, then decide whether u wanna join or not, for 1 year, or for 2 years, or for 4 years (a bit of discount if u pay for 4 years in one go), but main thing: MAKE SURE U WILL ACTUALLY TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ARC STUFFF!!! because its costly.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
More importantly is it worth it? (@ darkwolf)
I dunno tbh. I wasn't a member last year, but my social life was kind of lacking in retrospect. So I intend to join a club or 2 this year to meet more people. My friend was a member and he got discounts on stuff and free beer vouchers for the unibar. Membership of clubs is free if you're an arc member, otherwise its $49 per club.

But I'm basing this off information I learnt when I first started. Things might have changed a little since then.

karoooh

HSC
It doesn't cost as much as it used to; it's $40 now. *says the handout from FM Assist*

erm

HSC
I dunno tbh. I wasn't a member last year, but my social life was kind of lacking in retrospect. So I intend to join a club or 2 this year to meet more people. My friend was a member and he got discounts on stuff and free beer vouchers for the unibar. Membership of clubs is free if you're an arc member, otherwise its $49 per club.

But I'm basing this off information I learnt when I first started. Things might have changed a little since then.
From someone who has a packed timetable such as yourself, how much of this club type stuff can you fit in? (i'm in a similar situation.....want to get involved but i have so many contact hours)

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
it varies from club to club. I haven't taken part in any in the past. Your school/faculty might run their own society free of charge ie CSEsoc for us computing kids. If you choose to take part in the cse revue like some of my classmates you gotta make time for rehearsals and stuff on weekends. Politik was a member of last years revue (and it was a success too).

you best be asking people who've done it before! :p

Ps politik is also the president of the atheist society at unsw.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
note: some clubs also have membership fees aside from the arc fee

As for club activities... you don't have to always show up, unless you're involved with a club. It depends what you can handle... we can't really answer you and say you can do it if you aren't a motivated individual. But for an indication, I study, work 16 hours a week during uni, have a social life (lol), and help run a club and I can manage fine (although there were tough times at that where I felt I couldn't :shy:).

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
ahahahaha, awesome link darkwolfzx.

And im notta arc member, not really needed, u can survive without it. Just look at all their deals, and see if u will actually take advantage of em, then decide whether u wanna join or not, for 1 year, or for 2 years, or for 4 years (a bit of discount if u pay for 4 years in one go), but main thing: MAKE SURE U WILL ACTUALLY TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ARC STUFFF!!! because its costly.
i concur.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
You need Arc membership to join societies (other than constituent ones, like CSESOC, COMSOC, etc). You'll get a bag, a 2GB USB, vouchers for free drinks, $25 voucher each session for stuff from Arc stores (food, stationary, etc), and unlimited membership to any society (subject to their own membership fee). Free BBQ every few weeks, cheap/free entry to Arc events (foundation day, shit roundhouse events with shit DJs, etc).

That's based on what we got last year. The bag broke, I lost the USB (it was slow anyway but mounted under Linux/OS X/Windows), used both the $25 vouchers, forgot to use my beer vouchers, used my membership's ability to run in student elections, and I was forced to join as an executive of a society.
So are you really the president of the atheist society? Cool.
Would you say it's easier and cheaper to join the clubs individually and pay their fee, or to join Arc?

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
So are you really the president of the atheist society? Cool.
Would you say it's easier and cheaper to join the clubs individually and pay their fee, or to join Arc?
No, he's only posing. As if the PRESIDENT would post on bos!!!

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Cool you can take jokes :cool: You'll make heaps of friends at uni :cool:

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Apparently I still can't identify sarcasm though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)