Architecture: USyd or UNSW? (1 Viewer)

williamycai

Kai-Kai
HSC
xxPanDa said:
how do u travel and see how architecture really is??
why dont u just do the course, and transfer if u dont like??
shes too damn rich to transfer... unsw is abit far from trainstations..20 min wit buses from central..man can't be fuked

Last edited:

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
so which is better????? which is more recognized

SureBluff

HSC
Usyd is the most recognized just because it's Usyd. Imo. I really like the course that it offers because of the flexibility (I'm thinking of branching off to another postgrad degree, not necessarily architecture).

However, I heard UNSW is the most research intensive while UTS is really good at design and stuff.

xxPanDa

HSC
i asked the UNSW guy he said that USYD and UNSW course are similiar
UTS is tottally different

he said UNSW first yr is PRACTICAL, and USYD...well the name of the bachelor is B of design in archi......

i asked USYD if u could study overseas, he said no. unless u use that work experience time to go overseas.
but then i found online that could could go on a transfer for 1 semester in your third year.

UNSW encourages 3rd yr students to go transfer programs overseas. i think thats very important as, jobs in australia arnt looking good..
UNSW said they were internationaly recognised(what uni isnt?)
most the UNSW guy's student get emplyed overseas

he also told me USYD's UAI cut off is higher because they accept ppl with lower cut off due to the addision adminssion criteria portfolio, and UNSW is not like that so he said USYD and UNSW will be pretty even

it was a hard choice, but i put USYD first, cause of the facilities and prestigious image.
but now im not too sure... i got really sick of that OLD ass wilkson building at USYD
i much like the UNSW ones, plus i like the idea of international transfer programs at UNSW

Last edited:

wandless

HSC
I've looked into UTS, USYD and UNSW, and personally I think UNSW is the most practical. They have the Built Environment faculty which has lots of similar courses, like Interior Architecture, Landscape Architecture, heaps more. I'd like to take electives from different courses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)