Are all Korean guys chauvinist? (1 Viewer)

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Korea has a good mix of West and old traditional, depends on where you go. Gangnam is truly westernized, and a lot of the more affluent suburbs and areas are probably following that trend.
Which part of Seoul is your favourite?

kidokkyo

HSC
Uni Grad
wow, i kinda let this thread run away from me, even tho it has been quiet for a good six months now.

i like the older central suburbs, like jongno, myeong-dong, chungmuro, dongdaemun etc. south of the river feels sterile in comparison.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Stayed in Dongjak when I was in Seoul and it was pretty ehh

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
This thread is hilarious. Made me crack up a few times

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
OMG this thread

Restart pls

I know two Korean guys... one's a wannabe gangsta (or he might actually be... he's super dodgy) and the other guy looks like a younger version of this man

20110808_lee_minho_00.jpg

Got my Year 12 Jersey today and I wondered if anyone (in the history of school) put 'Call me Oppa' or something on their jersey haha

ShadowLighte

HSC
Just stumbled onto this thread and it's pretty interesting. I don't know any Korean people irl and I'm not a very big fan of Korean culture maybe because I don't know too much about it though this thread taught me more than I'll probably ever learn and because of the kpop explosion that annoyed the hell out of me but I do know asian people who are wannabe Koreans and it's just .. why? With regards to the oppa thing, I know a girl who calls her guy friends oppa. And won't stop talking about her kpop husbands.

There are still people in my school who are obsessed with kpop and the fashion sense and every now and again they add in bits of Korean that they learnt through watching dramas as they speak in English and try to act like kpop stars and idek why. To me it looks ridiculous.

Bringing back the topic to guys though, I have a guy friend who's a wannabe Korean and has been pretty much since he started high school (he's a senior now) and is super metrosexual. Quite a few people think he's gay but he isn't as he can be seen drooling over 'hot girls' which look like kpop stars- you know, fair skin, stick thin, long legs? He's constantly talking about his hair, fixes it at least once/ hour (it's annoying to watch him take out his phone and play with his hair for several minutes at a time when it looks exactly the same before and after), gets it styled every two months or so and constantly talks about needing to buy face creams and other beauty products .. -sighs- I feel like a man in comparison to him.

Maybe it's just him and not really anything to do with Koreans but he really looks up to them as his idols and won't shut up about them, especially with the outer appearance and he sees that as everything. He thinks Koreans are superior to seeming any other cultures, particular western. Oh, not to mention that he seemingly points out every physical imperfection you have eg. acne, under eye circles, body hair. I get that guys are primarily visual creatures but there are times when it isn't necessary to point things out.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Just stumbled onto this thread and it's pretty interesting. I don't know any Korean people irl and I'm not a very big fan of Korean culture maybe because I don't know too much about it though this thread taught me more than I'll probably ever learn and because of the kpop explosion that annoyed the hell out of me but I do know asian people who are wannabe Koreans and it's just .. why? With regards to the oppa thing, I know a girl who calls her guy friends oppa. And won't stop talking about her kpop husbands.

There are still people in my school who are obsessed with kpop and the fashion sense and every now and again they add in bits of Korean that they learnt through watching dramas as they speak in English and try to act like kpop stars and idek why. To me it looks ridiculous.

Bringing back the topic to guys though, I have a guy friend who's a wannabe Korean and has been pretty much since he started high school (he's a senior now) and is super metrosexual. Quite a few people think he's gay but he isn't as he can be seen drooling over 'hot girls' which look like kpop stars- you know, fair skin, stick thin, long legs? He's constantly talking about his hair, fixes it at least once/ hour (it's annoying to watch him take out his phone and play with his hair for several minutes at a time when it looks exactly the same before and after), gets it styled every two months or so and constantly talks about needing to buy face creams and other beauty products .. -sighs- I feel like a man in comparison to him.

Maybe it's just him and not really anything to do with Koreans but he really looks up to them as his idols and won't shut up about them, especially with the outer appearance and he sees that as everything. He thinks Koreans are superior to seeming any other cultures, particular western. Oh, not to mention that he seemingly points out every physical imperfection you have eg. acne, under eye circles, body hair. I get that guys are primarily visual creatures but there are times when it isn't necessary to point things out.
That's probably overdoing it on his part.

also yay someone with the same name prefix as me! sup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)