Are first years allowed to enrol in 200 level units? (1 Viewer)

maryroser

HSC
As the title suggests i was wondering whether first year students are allowed to enrol in 200 level units? I'm doing arts/ law and from what i can work out i have to do 14 credit points a semester, but as each unit is 3cp i'll end up doing 15. FRom what i can work out there are only two 100 level law units and law 208 (law, lawyers and society) doesn't require you to have completed any 100 level units. does that mean i can do it in smester one with the two 100 level units (law 109 and law 115)?

andyfg88

HSC
N/A
If there are no prerequisites listed, then the answer is yes.

I don't see why you have to do 14/15 credit points? The average load for a double degree is 4 units per semester, 4 x 3 = 12... If you're going to venture to do 5 subjects a semester (i.e. 15 credits) you need special permission from an Academic advisor to overload. In any case I wouldn't recommend it at all unless you are willing to sacrifice some marks or have an exceptional circumstance and I'm pretty sure that an academic advisor would only grant you permission to do so, if you are a first year, if you have exceptional circumstances.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)