Are holiday workshops useful? (1 Viewer)

DanDan1125

HSC
I was just wondring, has anyone been to Tim Dixon's holiday workshops?

In particular, I am thinking of attending the year 12 workshops held during this Summer holidays. Has anyone found them v.useful?

Im thinking of getting a head start for year 12 - would it be better for me just to study during the summer on my own?

zedzed

HSC
you must go to the leading edge workshops! www.leadingedge.com.au

you should go to both the revision workshop and the exam strategy ones. trust me, they're fantastic. they'll help to consolidate your knowledge and plus they give you loads of useful statistics and current data that your teachers probably won't give you.

HSC
yeah the leading edge lectures ARE good..although i wouldnt go to the summer ones and wait until you've actually started learning the topics..you benefit more from the lectures when you already have an idea of what theyre going on about..wait til the ones from march onwards i reckon!

TYCOT

Imperium
HSC
holiday workshops are great, but getting a regular motivated tutor is even better.

ichiraku

HSC
I never went to the Leading Edge workshops or tutoring services, but I did go to this $25 lecture thing they held this year. The lectures were quite bland I suppose but I have to say, for 25 bucks they sure gave out some pretty damn good booklets =]

kkewi90

MUAHAHHAHAA~~
HSC
went to the leading edge workshop held 22-23rd jan, it was ok but it wasnt that good, sort of knew all the stuff anyways but the booklet they give out should be good when exam time comes

HSC
My teacher for eco told us that leading edge workshops are pretty good from around the middle -> latter part of the course, since there's more stuff to revise and consolidate.

Every year the school's participated in at least one of those work shops, ie. FSHS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)