Are late round offers made for Combined Law at UNSW? (1 Viewer)

strawberry4

HSC
Hi,

Are late round offers made for Combined Law (HECS) at UNSW?

I'm a little confused because when I looked at the UAC Late round cut-offs for 2004 and 2005, there were actually late round cut-offs for Combined Law at UNSW, unlike other courses which had an asterisk (*). In 2004 it was 99.55 and in 2005 it was 99.15. I thought this meant that they did offer places in the late round in those years. But when I called up UNSW, they said they don't offer places for Combined Law in the late round, and the chances of them offering places this year are very slim.

I had the UAI to get into Combined Law at UNSW in the main round, but I made the wrong decision and decided to do Law at another uni. Does anyone have information about late round offers for Combined Law at UNSW, or know someone who was offered a place in the late round for Combined Law? I’ve put Combined Law at UNSW as my first preference for the late round, but I just want to know what my chances are of being offered a place.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Its not up to the uni whether late round offers are made.

strawberry4

HSC
oh okay, but in the past have late round offers been made for combined law ?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
We don't know unless someone tells us.

My guess is very few - look at last years late round cutoffs

strawberry4

HSC
yea i've looked at last year's cutoffs. I emailed the Faculty of Law at UNSW and this is what they said:

"The UAI cut off for 2006 was 99.2. We only have one round of offers, no
late round as all our places have been filled in the first round. If you
did not apply for UNSW Combined Law then you will not have received an
offer and we can not offer you a place for 2006."

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
strawberry4 said:
yea i've looked at last year's cutoffs. I emailed the Faculty of Law at UNSW and this is what they said:

"The UAI cut off for 2006 was 99.2. We only have one round of offers, no
late round as all our places have been filled in the first round. If you
did not apply for UNSW Combined Law then you will not have received an
offer and we can not offer you a place for 2006."
With a UAI like that, decent marks would allow you to transfer at the end of the year if you wanted to.

strawberry4

HSC
neo_o said:
With a UAI like that, decent marks would allow you to transfer at the end of the year if you wanted to.
yeah true, but i'm going to still hope they do make late round offers

ace

is retired
HSC
strawberry4 said:
Hi,
Maybe. If everyone accepts there main round offer for law, then no. If someone or some people don't accept there main round offer, late round offers will be made.

No one knows the exact future, wait and find out.

gman03

HSC
strawberry4 said:
yeah true, but i'm going to still hope they do make late round offers
Even that you hope that there are no one with UAI above yours are trying for a late round offer for law at UNSW, then you will be made an offer.

strawberry4

HSC
gman03 said:
Even that you hope that there are no one with UAI above yours are trying for a late round offer for law at UNSW, then you will be made an offer.
yeah, i'll just have to wait and see now

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
strawberry4 said:
Hi,

I'm a little confused because when I looked at the UAC Late round cut-offs for 2004 and 2005, there were actually late round cut-offs for Combined Law at UNSW, unlike other courses which had an asterisk (*). In 2004 it was 99.55 and in 2005 it was 99.15. I thought this meant that they did offer places in the late round in those years. But when I called up UNSW, they said they don't offer places for Combined Law in the late round, and the chances of them offering places this year are very slim.

I had the UAI to get into Combined Law at UNSW in the main round, but I made the wrong decision and decided to do Law at another uni. Does anyone have information about late round offers for Combined Law at UNSW, or know someone who was offered a place in the late round for Combined Law? I’ve put Combined Law at UNSW as my first preference for the late round, but I just want to know what my chances are of being offered a place.
By "wrong uni" do you mean UYSD?

strawberry4

HSC
i got a late round offer for combined law!! :) :) all those people i spoke to at unsw were wrong! i can't believe it...!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)