• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Are my chances near impossible for these 2 scenarios?? (1 Viewer)

JK1314

HSC
So I ended HSC with an ATAR of 89.05

I had applied for B Comm at UNSW as well as B Comm/B ____
With 5 extra points, I knew I my ATAR would increase to 94.05
I also had EAS of Family Tax Benefit A and applied for a supplementary form about illness (However haven't been told eligibility yet)

The cut-off this year was 96.3, meaning I had not gotten 3 EAS points but rather 1 or 2
If I had gotten 2, that puts me below the cut-off by .25

So my question is, is that if people drop out of the course, are my chances of getting in significantly higher because I was only off by .25?

-

Also, the cut-off for Int Studies/Media at UNSW was 94, and I am .95 below the cutoff WITHOUT EAS points
Which means if I had 1-2 points for EAS, I would definitely be above the cut off

According to UAC, there are still vacancies left for this course, so are my chances also really high to get in?

Sorry for the questions but really confused right now :(
Thanks guys!!

BlueBerrySun

Banned
HSC
I wouldn't count on it. You might just get an offer but you should become prepared in the event that you don't. I know many students who focus their entire High School life to getting into 1 course, and when they don't get the expected ATAR they have no direction in life.

I hope I'm not sounding negative here, but that's the reality which you might not get from other users.

Alkanes

HSC
Like what BlueBerrySun said. You really should've prepared for the worst. Tbh EAS is quite helpful to some people but you really should not rely on it entirely. What course did you end up getting?

JK1314

HSC
Like what BlueBerrySun said. You really should've prepared for the worst. Tbh EAS is quite helpful to some people but you really should not rely on it entirely. What course did you end up getting?
Ended up getting Business/Int Studies at UTS, but it was only just a backup

Strange because my estimated ATAR was ~93-95
And I was confident I was going to make it through so I hadn't really given much thought

All I know is that idk how many bonus points I got from Family Tax but if its 1-2, its bound to put me over 94 for Int/Media

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)