• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

are my dreams of medicine ruined?!? (3 Viewers)

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
They don't ask you about extra-curricular activities in the interview, as I'm soon to verify, but they will ask you about your personal life in great depth. If you're nothing but a total study freak with no ability to speak articulately and form coherent sentences, then the interview will screw you over...

So getting involved in things like debating/public speaking might help your confidence...
What aspects about our personal life do they ask? I mean everyones done debating or personal speaking once in their lifetimes, so i think i will be ok in being able to speak properly.

Exactly how much "depth" do they go into? will they go as fas as asking if i have a girlfriend or not?

or even further, will they like ask me what i do on the net all day long?

plz gimme some examples

ReaveR

HSC
Is this the phone interview thingy? My friend just did one, said they asked him about a variety of subjects, such as how many close friends he has and describe the similarities and differences between them and things like that. I think topics include family, friend, yourself (obviously) etc. Things like the happiest moment in his life, and also, I heard that some interviewers try to shock you just to see your reaction or something. One example from a friend in WA, they asked her if she was a virgin and she got pissed and failed. Good luck to you, and the other 3000 or so students...
(3000 going for UNSW alone I mean)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)