Are Picture Books good related texts? (1 Viewer)

Miasmajesty

HSC
Hello!
For my belonging related text, I have decided to use a picture book.
I was wondering if that was a good idea since my teacher looked a little suspicious when I told her what my related text was.
The book in question is called 'Mutt Dog' by Stephen Michael King.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Hello!
For my belonging related text, I have decided to use a picture book.
I was wondering if that was a good idea since my teacher looked a little suspicious when I told her what my related text was.
The book in question is called 'Mutt Dog' by Stephen Michael King.
Picture books are overused, try think of something more "out of the box".

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Is this for primary school or high school?

HSC
I think they're good as long as you get the complex ideas from it. Stay away from simple techniques like body posture and facial expressions.

Miasmajesty

HSC
I think they're good as long as you get the complex ideas from it. Stay away from simple techniques like body posture and facial expressions.

Oh okay. That's helpful. To be honest I almost forgot about body posture and facial expressions.
I was focusing more on shots and the backgrounds as well as the setting out of the text to show the sense of not-belonging and then progression to belonging. :)

funstudy

HSC
A lot of people use picture books, but then again it's how you analyse the text. Use sophisticated ideas and techniques- perhaps get a tutor (private) to help you with this, i found most people in my class would only skim ideas and techniques and their essays sounded shit. personally, i found visual texts easier to analyse than longer texts e.g. novels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)