Are ranks really that important in your ATAR? (1 Viewer)

jamesruserox

small member
HSC
1. Can you still get 99 ATAR is you are not ranked first for your subjects?
2. Do you need to be first in ALL your assessments to get a good ATAR?
3. Can you for instance, be ranked 30/100 in a subject, but in the next assessment, be able to be ranked first?
4. If you messed up your first asssessment, and you are pursuing an ATAR of 99, can you still fix it to be ranked first in the end?

Thankyou :)
1. Depends on subjects and their scaling e.g. 2nd/3rd in art and 2nd/3rd in maths ext 2 will give you very different results
2. Nope. But obviously it helps [a lot]
3. Usually no. But you can certainly boost them by working hard. (I gained 20 ranks in english advanced from term 1 to term 3)
4. Once again depends on the subject/assessment weighting. But generally yes, of course. End ranks are all that matters.

juicystar07

HSC
N/A
thanks everyone :)
one more question,
if i am in top 10 of my subjects (maths, math ext, eng, cafs, bio, chem and sor 2) and the weighting of each task was 10% except for bio which was 15%, would that still allow me to get into medicine?

Last edited:

enoilgam

HSC
thanks everyone :)
one more question,
if i am in top 10 of my subjects (maths, math ext, eng, cafs, bio, chem and sor 2) and the weighting of each task was 10% except for bio which was 15%, would that still allow me to get into medicine?
Possibly, you could stage a comeback. You would need to be ranked first or at least second in each of your subs to have any chance of getting enough for medicine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)