are the 10 medentry papers different every year? (1 Viewer)

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
easiest way to find out is to email medentry. i doubt there would be many people who did it twice.

nottellingu

HSC
I dont think they are. Their trial/mock exam has been the same for the last two years.

They might have to make a few changes this year because the structure of the umat is changing so they have to make sure their exam papers are the same number of questions as the umat.

ACER will only release the second practice book in april so you might have to wait a few weeks or a month till medentry look at that and make changes if they need to.

joben

HSC
usually medentry update their papers in March - this year they'll probly have a major update to the papers due to the ACER structural changes to the exam length

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
they def recycle the questions. there is no way they would be able to come up with a complete set of practice papers every year. they just jumble the questions around or make small modifications to some. so simple answer is that the papers are different, but the order of the questions would be different.

plus, i doubt there will be MAJOR modifications. ACER are just increasing the time limit and number of questions for one or two of the sections iirc to make a 2.5 hr test into 3 hrs. medentry can easily do the same since the types of questions wont change. its not a major overhaul.

nottellingu

HSC
they def recycle the questions. there is no way they would be able to come up with a complete set of practice papers every year. they just jumble the questions around or make small modifications to some. so simple answer is that the papers are different, but the order of the questions would be different.

plus, i doubt there will be MAJOR modifications. ACER are just increasing the time limit and number of questions for one or two of the sections iirc to make a 2.5 hr test into 3 hrs. medentry can easily do the same since the types of questions wont change. its not a major overhaul.
The fact that acer are updating their practice questions as well as their past paper suggests that they may be a few changes coming up.

This will come out in april.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
the supposed changes will just be changing the length and number of questions of. that way people will be forced to buy the "new" updated editions instead of buying cheap second hand ones from previous students.
trust me, there wont be major changes in terms of the types of questions.

edit: this is in regards to the ACER booklets

Last edited:

Kaatie

HSC
So when people say they have medentry papers from 07 08 09 they're selling the same paper three times?

nottellingu

HSC
the supposed changes will just be changing the length and number of questions of. that way people will be forced to buy the "new" updated editions instead of buying cheap second hand ones from previous students.
trust me, there wont be major changes in terms of the types of questions.

edit: this is in regards to the ACER booklets
Then why would the bother to hold back the release practice questions till april?

They have done it in the past so I wouldnt be surprised.

I was talking to an owner of a prep course who said that last year they were told that they are taking out the problem solving questions in section 1 and keeping it to longer texts, as it turned out exactly the opposite happened. It was all problem solving type questions and diagram type questions.

As more and more prep courses emerge and as they all find out more about the UMAT ACER will find ways to trick them in order to minimise the effect of prep courses so they can keep it as fair as possible.

I agree with FreshOffTheBoat in that i dont think there will be any huge changes but...expect anything!

Dream Meteor

HSC
Hmmm I am not very sure about the answer to your question, but Im an UMAT question writer (as well as tutor, guide composer) at MedEntry and I submit more than 100 questions every year. There are definitely like 10's of employees like me so I'd say they would have enough new questions every year to make more than half of the practice papers completely new.

Please correct me if Im wrong but I think MedEntry tends to put the questions from previous practice exams into drills and use new questions for the exams.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
create a new account, pretend to be a 2nd yr med student and spam the forum with posts promoting medentry. these umat prep companies can sink so low sometimes.

Dream Meteor

HSC
create a new account, pretend to be a 2nd yr med student and spam the forum with posts promoting medentry. these umat prep companies can sink so low sometimes.
Hahaha, I was getting quite offended before. You are quite right, this is a new account, but I created it because a fellow medical student (who is a private UMAT tutor) told me that he got his students from this site so I thought I'd try as well, lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)