Are the sleeves of men's suits supposed to be a little short? (1 Viewer)

Scissors

HSC
So, i went shopping today for a suit for my formal, and the only suits i found which fit me properly were short-sleeved. Is that how they're supposed to be? Is the shirt sleeve supposed to be longer than the jacket sleeve?

^^^that pic suggests not.

^^^ this pic suggests so.

so? what's the go?

Last edited:

all.time.fiend

WANT SOME FRIES
HSC
depends on your colour schemes but generally i'd say yes, the shirt sleeves should be slightly longer.

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
As of late the whole capped sleeve has been in.

Shorter jacket sleeves imo.

Scissors

HSC
sorry about the wording of the question guys. i didn't really read over it before i posted the thread.

so, short sleeved is the go?

Scissors

HSC
also, what sort of a tie should i wear? thick or thin?

blOwfish

HSC
as a general rule of thumb, the shirt sleeve should be around 1cm longer than the suit sleeve. The first pic you posted up was horrible. The suits ugly and its not tailored! The double breasted one looks good though.. but i more prefer single breast... more classic/modern :)

glucks shopping ;)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
As long as the jacket arm goes in a little (like, in the 2nd pic) then yeah should look better with the shirt sleeves longer than the jacket.

Scissors

HSC
wixxy2348 said:
As long as the jacket arm goes in a little (like, in the 2nd pic) then yeah should look better with the shirt sleeves longer than the jacket.
what do you mean by "goes in a little"?

Scissors

HSC
blOwfish said:
as a general rule of thumb, the shirt sleeve should be around 1cm longer than the suit sleeve. The first pic you posted up was horrible. The suits ugly and its not tailored! The double breasted one looks good though.. but i more prefer single breast... more classic/modern :)

glucks shopping ;)
Thanks for the luck! I'll need it. Yeah, I also thought the first suit was filthy.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
well it's more fitted to the arm.. whereas the first pic is pretty much straight.

whathe?

HSC
My dad owns a suit shop, your shirt sleeve should be showing 1cm longer than the jacket.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)