Are there a lot of rich people at uni? (1 Viewer)

Quackersome

HSC
N/A
This is probably a stupid question, but I'm just wondering if there's a lot of rich students.

I mean, I see a lot of them with high-end designer stuff and the 'latest' products. A typical example is a girl wearing designer clothes with an LV/Hermes bag, a Mac Book Pro, iPad 2, some blackberry/iphone 4 etc etc...

I always imagined rich people being more 'exclusive' and 'private' so are there a lot of rich students in uni (because of the international students who pay a lot of fees) or are a lot of people into imitations or just like to spend and not save?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
You get a spread of everyone. There's not an abundance of any one type of person.

izzy88

HSC
yeah there is a general spread - students that need to work to live/pay rent/eat etc and students whose parents are supporting them.

Taking a stab, I would say there are some universities which have a better spread then others (and some courses) - I think usyd is seen overall as having a higher proportion of students from high socio-economic backgrounds then others, but I don't think that its not inclusive.

Although getting into a bit of a stereotype - for example, i'd say law at usyd has a much higher proportion of students from well-off backgrounds then the norm. At least if you base it on having iphones/macbooks ...

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
yes there are a lot of rich students, international and local.

the designer stuff you see is probably 95% real

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
idk but theres a lot of stuck up hipsters at usyd

all unis except uws probably have a high proportion of relatively rich students (in relation to national averages)

Quackersome

HSC
N/A
What is a hipster?

I don't find that many hipsters at Uni. Can you define what you mean? Is it their personality or looks because if its personality than maybe...

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
What is a hipster?

I don't find that many hipsters at Uni. Can you define what you mean? Is it their personality or looks because if its personality than maybe...
Hipster is a redundant term that has been applied to anyone that fits outside the users idea of normality.

Seen here:

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
What is a hipster?

theres also a lot of stuck up anorexics who dress like theyre going to a magazine shoot everyday.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
You mean those 1950s-style American magazine pin-up girls with the dresses and red, red lipstick? I think they look quite nice actually. They brighten up their surroundings.

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
This is probably a stupid question, but I'm just wondering if there's a lot of rich students.

I mean, I see a lot of them with high-end designer stuff and the 'latest' products. A typical example is a girl wearing designer clothes with an LV/Hermes bag, a Mac Book Pro, iPad 2, some blackberry/iphone 4 etc etc...

I always imagined rich people being more 'exclusive' and 'private' so are there a lot of rich students in uni (because of the international students who pay a lot of fees) or are a lot of people into imitations or just like to spend and not save?
I know plenty of people who fit your description (latest products etc.) but arent rich at all. Have no idea whats going on there.

alex1992

HSC
i know of a guy called pete who drives a new BMW m3 as his first car. he once brough his dad's lamborghini ... needless to say he gets all the chicks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)