Are there any uni courses which are permanently unattainable because of a low atar? (1 Viewer)

Mrkingofstuff

HSC
I'm talking in regards to courses which you may not be able to transfer into, or things similar to that. I'm just trying to figure out the importance of the atar in the long term.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Are there any uni courses which are permanently unattainable because of a low ata

"ATAR is your first possible admission ticket in university, not the defining one" - LoveHateSchool, philosopher and biologist (2013 reference)

Eduard_Khil

CASIO fx-82ES PLUS
HSC
N/A
Re: Are there any uni courses which are permanently unattainable because of a low ata

technically you can get to any degree through tafe or alternate entry schemes, some do depend on your atar, but your final atar isn't the end of the world, the other options just take more time, and money. Which in a sense can be the end of the world :)

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC

No, you can still study them in Zimbabwe.

flashyGoldFish

HSC
N/A

"ATAR is your first possible admission ticket in university, not the defining one" - LoveHateSchool, philosopher and biologist (2013 reference)
This. ATAR has one sole purpose and thats to get you into uni. Once thats done no one gives a shit what you got.

Jinks

HSC

Technically no, in saying that give the HSC your all and the same for whichever course you get into. Although transferring etc is possible it's all time and money if it's irrelevant.

EDIT: also consider pre-reqs

D94

HSC
N/A

There are some courses which appear as if you can't transfer into them, even internally. UNSW Medical Science "appears" to have no internal transfers, so I doubt there are any external transfers. If your ATAR does not meet the cutoff, then there does not appear to be any other pathway. (there may be another way, but going from what information is available, that appears to be the case)

flashyGoldFish

HSC
N/A

Or if you cant transfer into it you could always do it post grad

D94

HSC
N/A

EDIT: If UNSW says internal transfer into med science is not possible..
then I'm assuming someone I know (who transferred from advanced sci to med sci) did so through UAC.
The ATAR cutoffs are close as well, so it would seem to be most likely case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)