• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Are these good rankings because i dont know (1 Viewer)

ojjjjjjjkkllkkk

HSC
1/40 in Economics- 1 band 6 last year
1/61 in Business Studies- 5 band 6's last year
16/40 in Math Advanced- 5 band 6's last year
13/170 in English Adanced- 22 band 6's last year- note it changes every year
9/29 in Physics- 2 band 6's last year

Note- school not well ranked

genenian

HSC
13/170 in English Adanced- 22 band 6's last year- note it changes every year

Note- school not well ranked
these are good but it depends on your atar aim to judge

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
ojjjjjjjkkllkkk said:
Hey Jimmysmith560 was wondering if you could predict my atar. My school was ranked 138 last year and 126 the year before.

Here are my rankings:

13/170 in English Advanced- 22 band 6's last year
Given this information, your current performance is consistent with an ATAR in the low 90's range. More specifically, that would be an ATAR between 92 and 93.5. This essentially means that you are not far from your ATAR goal of 95.

Economics and Business Studies are your best-performing subjects, especially since you are ranked first in both of them. This means that the moderation process can work in your favour if you also achieve the highest HSC exam mark in your cohort, since your HSC exam mark would become your overall HSC mark. This gives you a great opportunity to maximise your overall result in both subjects, resulting in a significant contribution to your ATAR that can potentially help you exceed this estimate.

English Advanced is also one of your better-performing subject, though not at the same level as Economics or Business Studies simply due to the rank difference. Thorough preparation for your English Advanced HSC exam will allow you to solidify your overall performance and ensure that this subject also makes a favourable contribution to your ATAR.

On the other hand, Physics and Mathematics Advanced are your lowest-performing subjects, and as such are likely hindering your progress towards your ATAR goal. Because of this, you may wish to consider placing greater emphasis on your preparations for these subjects, which will hopefully enable you to perform favourably in your HSC exams and thereby improve your overall performance, resulting in a better contribution to your ATAR and bringing you closer to your ATAR goal.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)