Are these subjects i chose alright? (1 Viewer)

aycaramba

HSC
N/A
Hey guys, I recently had the year 11 subject selection thing and I would like to have a career in medicine but I'm not sure if these subjects are suitable for my career. I chose Advanced English, 3u Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Legal studies. Also, my mum's all like "choose what subjects scale well!!" but everyone else is like "do what you like!!" and I suck at/hate everything so yolo.

sharoooooo

HSC
i dont think it really matters too much about relating your HSC subjects with your career.
it shouldnt matter much about what subjects you pick but since Med needs a high atar, it would be easier in a way to do high scaling subjects. however, you still need to do well for the scaling to kick in.
for me, i enjoy chem/phys/maths and fortunately, theyre high scaling.. so it was an easy choice for me :)
good luck

MilkyCat_

HSC
With these selections you should be in line for a 99.95 easily

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
With ANY subject and hard work, you should be in line for a high ATAR.

I have seen a boy in my school with Advanced English, Mathematics, Drama, VA and some other really artsy and not "academically smart" subjects and get a 96-ish ATAR. So yes, any arrangement of subjects is alright.

Whilst taking scaling into consideration as it being a step to helping you achieve an ATAR, nothing beats hard work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)