are u happy with ur subjects? (1 Viewer)

silbi

its a bit late obviously for 03" ppoz but... are u happy with ur subjets? and if there was a way to somehow change ur subjects would u??... any regrettS?? just wondering =)

s2ophie

HSC
i would defiantely not to chemistry. damn prerequisites. i used to want to become a dietitian, hence the chemistry but now i dread it.

However i like the rest of my subjects. I'm sooooo glad i dropped maths and probably wish i'd done society and culture

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
i regret taking physics. i thought when choosing id be doing some kind of computer science thing so physics might be useful but now i dont want to do anything close to computers. i regret not taking economics and maybe even legal.

Huy

HSC
N/A
i chose the science path,
(physics + chemistry)

if i had to choose my subjects all over again,
i would have chosen a HSIE path,
e.g. legal studies, modern history, or something like business studies.

i'm more of a writer (i feel).
but nevertheless, i chose what i thought what was right at the time, and i'm sticking to it :)

ipt was a mistake, but i had an expectation to do it.
so i'm ploughing along now with ipt, it's a complete waste of time, i would have dropped it, if it weren't for my rank.

s2ophie

HSC
Originally posted by Huy
time, and i'm sticking to it :)
not like you really have much choice now is it?!?!

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I wish I hadn't taken a VET course, though in some ways it's helpful because at the end of the year when i'm deciding what to do I can easily get another job in the retail industry.

PoLaRbEaR

The Bear
HSC
I'd like to get rid of geography...i hate it grr i wanted to drop it at the end of year 11 but my careers adviser said i couldnt cuz im doing a pure uai thing, so i dropped visual design cuz its not a uai course or something like that...
i dunno what i'd change it to tho...not really into social science or computer-related course...

is a roflcopter
HSC
my school should have japanese! :(

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
I'm pretty happy with my subjects, but really wise I'd sat the selective test in year 10 for Hurlstone Ag. - My sister went there and loved it, and I really really want/ed to do agriculture.

Wish I'd done a science (that my school offered) as well - and standard english; not advanced - I hate it soooo much! I hate english in general now.. Nursing @ TAFE... a whole list ;)

But it's too late for all that now - I'm doing OK and am happy (apart from english..) - only a term to go, i'll live :D

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
nah, im happy with all my subjects, i didnt cram in history, chem, phys, bio, etc. where there's lots of content so im cool

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
omg, im an exalted member!!!! i've always waned 2 b one of those!!!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I'm pretty happy with my subjects, but if I could go back to Yr 10 and start again I would have accellerated advanced maths or biology and done the HSC for them last year. Or perhaps taken a fun course like dance via correspondence and accelerated it.

That way I wouldn't have had 13 units this year.

foxy

i was made for lovin u...
hell yes! but if only we could turn back time....

yeah, i'd drop maths...take up general maths. but then this is me talking through my LAZY mode.

and id probably drop business and pick up another language...maybe french beginners... languages are easy, no essays, no major works!!!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
yeah science is kinda good that way, no essays, not even heaps long answers, its great!!

JizZ

If I could I would drop IT and pick up business studies, theres just too much pressure in IT the whole course rests on the final exam, and we dont even learn anything in class!

m3h_m3h

HSC
if i could go back in time, i'd do all my homework. then i'd be very happy with my subjects.
on the other note, i hate physics and ipt

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
I shouldn't have picked Ancient History. I was never even good at history but did it because i heard it had high scaling (pfft).

I should have picked Chem because of the prerequisites and assumed knowledge for all those health sciences. I can't apply for any health science courses in Vic because of Chem! I should have done Chem because of the yummy scaling.

If only they told us about scaling and stuff from BoredOS/UAC...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)