Are you a maths or english person? (1 Viewer)

Are you a maths or english person?

• Total voters

sombespice

HSC
English. I hate it only slightly less than I hate maths.
It's also easy to make up stuff for English however with maths if you have no idea how to do it, there's no getting around that.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I like them both, but I love History more.

ubermale

HSC
bored of sc said:
Are you a maths or english person? what i mean is are you more creatively driven or is logic and reasioning the way to go?

there is kinda a division of subjects that personify what kind of person you are, usually creative people like english, history, creative and performing arts and any other humanities while scientific people crave the sciences, maths and more problem solving areas...
Do we actually have to be categorised into either English or Maths? I go reasonably well in both and like both subjects as well. I'm probably best at Maths because it comes more naturally to me, but it doen't mean that I'm less creative because of it. In fact, I elected to do Visual Arts as one of my Stage 5 electives and it turned out to be one of my favourite subjects. I don't like the stereotype that Maths and creativity are mutaully exclusive. Creativity can coexist with ANY subject, and it is applying creativity to a subject area that makes a person successful and helps to advance knowledge, technologies and other developments within an area.

Shadose

Enjoy Life
HSC
Definitely a Maths person. But ironically doing very good in English, and droping in ranks for Maths.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Shadose said:
Definitely a Maths person. But ironically doing very good in English, and droping in ranks for Maths.
Kind of the same here.

HSC
WELL, i'm not a maths person lol. I suck at maths.

I guess i'm an english person, since i love reading and all that jazz.

abalia

HSC
I'm more an English person, but I'm not bad at Maths - just don't understand it most of the time. (so dropping it)
However, my English mark was my lowest and was lower than maths. :p

Aplus

HSC
N/A
^I'm guessing you're more into the Sciences.

ccc123

HSC
black_kat_meow said:
It's not so easily categorised as that. I don't find that subjects such as English and the Humanities should be put in the "creative" classification with subjects such as music and visual arts. The Humanities require analytical skills and logic as well, this is why I enjoy them, as I apply these skills better through the use of words.

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
the-derivative, it's actually spelled extension, not extenTion :lol: Sorry to be pedantic, but if you're taking ext. english, you probably should keep that in mind :D

Annalisee

HSC
I'm fairly sure I'm neither, I'm capable at both but not very good at either.
I enjoy Maths more because I do general maths and I can actually do it reasonably well, however I have more natural ability for English even if I have many long grievances towards it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)