Are you a scientist if you do not understand maths beyond calculus level? (1 Viewer)

Are you a scientist if you do not understand maths at calculus level or beyond?

• Total voters

LaGOWE

Banned
HSC
N/A
Scientists use mathematics as a model for their observations using calculus for situations such as rates of change.
Any so-called scientist who does not have this level of mathematics deserves to perhaps burn in a fire?

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
katie tully said:
I know shit about maths or even calculus and I'm doing a science? And I'm not burning ??
quick, you better study high school maffs or u won't be TEH SCIENTIST

btw, what the hell is "calculus level", is that like year 11 "multiply by the power and subract the power by 1" or vector calculus or complex analysis or... ?

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
quick, you better study high school maffs or u won't be TEH SCIENTIST
That's exactly what I'm saying. Graduating from an science degree doesn't make me a scientist. Graduating from nursing doesn't make you a nurse, graduating from medicine doesn't make you a doctor, graduating from psychology doesnt make you a psychologist, etc.

You are qualified TO BECOME a scientist, but you are not actually granted that title of being "biologist" "physicist" etc until you have the job. I could graduate and then go get a job waiting tables, and I'd be a waitress, not a teacher.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
I thought you were a scientist only if you had a white coat?... thats right.. i gotz a white coat :)

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
sthcross.dude said:
What is the next "level" above calculus.
its a secret

you should be able to do the stats to be a scientist, at least

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)