Are you allowed to use an extension prescribed text as a related for advanced? (1 Viewer)

Spoderman19

HSC
I was looking for a related for my advanced module C and found a pretty good one but it's on the extension 1 prescribed text list (of course, the one thing I pick). Is that allowed or should I look for something else instead to be safe?

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I was looking for a related for my advanced module C and found a pretty good one but it's on the extension 1 prescribed text list (of course, the one thing I pick). Is that allowed or should I look for something else instead to be safe?
I think you are but it's not recommended

Spoderman19

HSC
Like could I lose marks or get marked more harshly if I do use it?

tigerian

HSC
N/A
check BOSTES Frequently asked questions . It talks about related texts.There is no rule against any related text. If you cant find it let me know and I will explain how to find it

Spoderman19

HSC
I did find it before but most people say using prescribed texts as RTs can be 'frowned upon,' which is why I'm asking.

Kill me pls I can't find anything else

zachary99

HSC
N/A
isnt it pretty late to be finding related texts now?........

if youve got something now i would just say go for it haha

tigerian

HSC
N/A
It's not frowned upon. We mark any text on its merit and how you make the link . There is no such thing as a related text that is frowned upon or will cost marks because it is another text module .

Your marks will come from how you link your related text to Representation and then to either landscapes or people and politics . A good test is if you right a stand alone essay on your related text in a question according to your module . If you can do that then it is good enough

tigerian

HSC
N/A
anyway I have sent you a private message iff you need more help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)