are you confident that you can get a job with your degree (1 Viewer)

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
research, working for governments

and for me I heard somewhere there is like a 97% emplyment rate for graduates of civil engineering so yay for me

melaniestrollll

not really a troll
HSC
practically none. just like arts in that way. problem is, you're not learning a trade as such, just lots and lots of info. you need to do postgrad stuff to actually get employed.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Depends on what major you do. In my opinion the most employable majors would be mathematics, statistics, physics and maybe psychology. If you want to be a scientist, you'll need to do honours/phD/masters etc for research positions. If you would rather be moving into industry (other than research), there are many firms out there that hire science graduates.

Last edited:

Shoom

HSC
N/A
chemistry is good to

lol at psyc no jobs with just a B Sc ( psyc)

HSC
I've been hearing horror stories from pharm graduates so I'm not really sure.

fishfingerz

HSC
You also have the option of combining it with a B of Education (secondary) and you can be a high school teacher and start your own tutoring business and make shit loads because you won't have to pay tax on it.

funnytomato

HSC
You also have the option of combining it with a B of Education (secondary) and you can be a high school teacher and start your own tutoring business and make shit loads because you won't have to pay tax on it.
or you can blackmail these ppl

HSC
i'm not confident at all that i can get a job with my degree (B Sc (biology)) .. but i like it :)

i'll figure out a job when the time comes...
i don't think i want to get into research specifically, but i would like to travel. so we will see. i might even not use my degree, but its definitely not a waste of time.

battler1

HSC
N/A
worlds ending in 2012 m8s youre wasting your last days, spend some time down at the pub and drink some tooheys

akurway

HSC
B ed / bsc maths.. major in both pure and apply like a mofo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)