Are you honest if you are given marks you dont deserve (1 Viewer)

If you are given marks you dont deserve, would you/have you told the teacher?

• Total voters

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
mrpet3rr said:
Imagine man. liek that one mark could mean a few ranks man like stuff that! stay silent and Enjoy your luck!
The fact that my lack of honesty could infact cause someone ranks to be less than they were, and possible prevent them getting a band six is something i would prefer not to face so im honest

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
axlenatore said:
The fact that my lack of honesty could infact cause someone ranks to be less than they were, and possible prevent them getting a band six is something i would prefer not to face so im honest

Thats a terrible attitude. Take what you can, when you can.

Many lol's if that dropped your rank by 1, and you missed your course cutoff by 0.05

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: Are you honest if you are given marks you dont deserve

but guize u r bein dishonezt.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
risole91 said:
Thats a terrible attitude. Take what you can, when you can.

Many lol's if that dropped your rank by 1, and you missed your course cutoff by 0.05
Definetly, everyone would be laughing so much we could make a movie about, the story about a boy hes morals cost him a place in uni, hugh jackman plays me

runnable

HSC
I have yet to encounter this problem in Year 12. In previous years, depending on circumstances, I hand it back in or I don't. Its about 50/50.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
me121 said:
lol, i told the teacher once and showed it too him (he gave me an extra 2 marks or something that i shouldn't have) and he said to me.. well your lucky then. and he never took the marks off.
Wow~~ I would love to be in the teacher's position...

fishy89sg

HSC
axlenatore said:
If you are given marks you dont deserve in exams, such as incorrect adding up giving you extra marks or something incorrect has been marked correctly, have you/would you honestly tell the teacher and get the mistake corrected?

PS how do i make a poll to see the general view
yes, and most of the time, i got the marks anyway

harryboyles

HSC
To quote my former teacher/deputy principal (now acting principal):
"There is plenty of time for honesty; the HSC is not one of those times."
While he was intending to refer to the common practice of BS'ing instead of a) saying you don't know the content/your texts or b) how much you hate them, I think the quote applies in this situation as well. I think I've only had one contentious situation, which was our trial HSC physics exam. I wasn't actually sure whether it was marks he missed adding to the score, or whether I was counting some marks twice, but when there are only two marks between second and fifth place, every mark counts. "I came second in the class" sounds much better than "I came fifth."

sasa-o8

HSC
Generally I'm a fairly honest person, but if I were in such a situation, I wouldn't tell. Their mistake, not yours ;)

dood09

Frontier Psychiatrist ☻
HSC
N/A
honesty is a seal chumps wear like a collar of destruction

HSC
Yeah well think what you will but I would feel bad if I got given marks I definitely didn't deserve (for example multiple choice marking error or addition error).

omgd.

HSC
N/A
lol yup. and it was when the class was going through the test. so everyone was like WHAT ARE YOU DOING !? :O but the teacher was quite pleased that i was honest and therefore let me keep the mark . karma :D

HSC
Question out of 3
Received 3
Tried to get 4
:hammer:

Would have gotten it too if my teacher didn't decide to check the question booklet. :p

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
fuck no i'm not honest

i always love an extra mark or two

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
veloc1ty said:
Yeah well think what you will but I would feel bad if I got given marks I definitely didn't deserve (for example multiple choice marking error or addition error).
but think about teachers marking your paper when they're tired (not reading your response as closely as another student's), other students cheating, taking days off before exams, chucking sickies and getting the question, etc. etc. maybe this is just my school, but exams are (or, more accurately, have been) incredibly unfair regarding the above pts.

the hsc is riddled with flaws; exploit them to get into your course. the end

HSC
Rhanoct said:
but think about teachers marking your paper when they're tired (not reading your response as closely as another student's), other students cheating, taking days off before exams, chucking sickies and getting the question, etc. etc. maybe this is just my school, but exams are (or, more accurately, have been) incredibly unfair regarding the above pts.

the hsc is riddled with flaws; exploit them to get into your course. the end
Yeah well I don't see a few marks making a difference anyway, so I'd prefer to be honest about it.

paddlepoplion1

HSC
yes you are, so what if you sleep your way to a band six, who's going to judge you i can tell you one thing, i ain't got no spanish A+ for hard work and study if you know what i mean!

paddlepoplion1

HSC
wait no i lie, it is a little hard work if you know what i mean, cant judge a 60 year old though, i mean the only thing he can get up is the pen to write my A+:santa: <---- LOOKS LIKE MR DIGNESA , lets hope they preform the same tricks, if you know what i mean

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)