• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Are you still going to attend school AFTER the trial exams? (1 Viewer)

Are you still going to attend school AFTER the trial exams?

• Total voters

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
I'll be going.

Having said that, theres like 10 people out of the 180 in my grade that take the HSC seriously, thats not a joke.

So most classes will muck around, if this proves to be the case, i will stay at home.

WannaBang?

HSC
risole91 said:
I'll be going.

Having said that, theres like 10 people out of the 180 in my grade that take the HSC seriously, thats not a joke.

So most classes will muck around, if this proves to be the case, i will stay at home.
That's my case exactly. If I'm at school, I undoubtedly will get off task and just muck around, thinking I'll just study when I get home. That's why I want to stay home and study my balls off.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
WannaBang? said:
Please! Do you actually believe that bullshit teachers try to push onto you about how employers won't look to favourably upon absenteeism? I guarantee you, the only thing future employers will care about or look at are your Uni marks, and possibly your UAI.
maybe in ten years time, but when youre looking for a steady, part time perm job now, next year, year after that, yes, they will.

no one gives a fuck if youre smart if youve got no work ethic and are constantly late. my uncle owns a rather large, prosoerous business, and when it comes between choosing one over the other, he gets them to get out their year 12 reports and looks at whether one of them has a high absentee rate.

(it very rarely works that way of course, because time in school = good results)

WannaBang?

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
maybe in ten years time, but when youre looking for a steady, part time perm job now, next year, year after that, yes, they will.

no one gives a fuck if youre smart if youve got no work ethic and are constantly late. my uncle owns a rather large, prosoerous business, and when it comes between choosing one over the other, he gets them to get out their year 12 reports and looks at whether one of them has a high absentee rate.

(it very rarely works that way of course, because time in school = good results)
Prosperous business?

I don't think your school work ethic is quite the same as your industry-work ethic. I mean, at school, I'm quiet good at getting off task and helping others to get off task and I have no problem with turning up late to school (yes, I am a rebel), but at my part time job I'm quite dilegent and I work pretty hard. Fair enough though, you have first hand experience and so your point of view is worth more than mine.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
I still insist on going though. I mean you've been with your school friends for the last 5 years, after the HSC you'll probably see them less (some never again), might as well make most of the time you can in year 12 (muck around, talk shit in class etc.) and enjoy it rather than stay home.

Of course Uni is a new start and you'll porbably meet better people, but c'mon - you're still year 12, young innocent and in your youth, loosen up a little.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
WannaBang? said:
Prosperous business?

I don't think your school work ethic is quite the same as your industry-work ethic. I mean, at school, I'm quiet good at getting off task and helping others to get off task and I have no problem with turning up late to school (yes, I am a rebel), but at my part time job I'm quite dilegent and I work pretty hard. Fair enough though, you have first hand experience and so your point of view is worth more than mine.
yes, that. p not o

its a good indicator of how you will manage being somewhere, 5 days a week, 6 + hours a day.
your part time job more than likely is not a 9-3 every day of the week
if it was, youd probably sing a different tune.

your point of view is no less worthy of mine either. dont be silly. ive just seen personally the importance an employer places upon your attendence sheet.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
tommykins said:
I still insist on going though. I mean you've been with your school friends for the last 5 years, after the HSC you'll probably see them less (some never again), might as well make most of the time you can in year 12 (muck around, talk shit in class etc.) and enjoy it rather than stay home.

Of course Uni is a new start and you'll porbably meet better people, but c'mon - you're still year 12, young innocent and in your youth, loosen up a little.
:uhhuh:

aussie-boy

HSC
wont your schools demand to know why you arent showing up?
i know that truancy before the hsc at my school would lead to severe punishment (perhaps no school reference, or even forcing a student to do the hsc exams at tafe)

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
I think that we have to dont we and why wouldnt you. that is valuable revision time with your teachers that you cant get back and if you do just stay home would u actually study. I think that even if your school does not make you you should anyway

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
We're supposed to. We will not have finished the whole syllabus by then.

ticky2002

HSC
N/A
Our trials are towards the end of August, and we don't finish school until 25th September, so I'd say that yeah, we will have to stay at school. What would you do though, just study and stuff or what?

D

dillay

I'm still gonna attend, even on days off. im gonna use my school library to study since its the only peace i can find during the day. theres no way im staying up late just to get that peace :/

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
Having the teachers there will be good advisors into studying proficiently leading towards the HSC and they would be there to answer any queries you might have regarding the work.
I guess it just depends on the individual.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Ill go to all classes except english.My teacher doesn't do anything. Just makes us write essays in class instead of teaching the text. i'm better off on my own.

zaqwerty

HSC
Don't take that time off! Sure, take a few days off here and there on days that you think you'd be more productive at home than at school, but the last few weeks of school are seriously the best! Besides revision/stressed teachers/stressed students, everyone kind of loosens up a little because everyone knows the end is near! It IS possible to get good HSC marks whilst still attending the last few weeks (I did and so did many people in my classes).

HSC
yeah, we won't have finished the syllabus, so i have to... even if we were going to be finished, i'd go to school because i can ask teachers for help, do practice essays, etc, if i go home i'll waste time on the computer.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
russianROULETTE said:
yeah, we won't have finished the syllabus, so i have to... even if we were going to be finished, i'd go to school because i can ask teachers for help, do practice essays, etc, if i go home i'll waste time on the computer.
1. Yep, unfinished syllabuses
2. Teachers available, they're the ones who have power over your assessment marks in the HSC.
3. Sit in the library and write a 40 minute question on an arbitrary question then submit to English teacher afterwards ? Someone's determined.
4. So true.

Takuto

HSC
Forbidden. said:
1. Yep, unfinished syllabuses
2. Teachers available, they're the ones who have power over your assessment marks in the HSC.
3. Sit in the library and write a 40 minute question on an arbitrary question then submit to English teacher afterwards ? Someone's determined.
4. So true.
lol @ 2 and 3. does that actually work. if so we should be kissing our teachers arses right now. *bump up from last > 1st =D*

HSC
i'mi sure the only subject i'll be finished in is physics... and thats cos its by distance and everything is all divided up evenly and that... so yes i'm going, but i'd be going anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)