Area of Study: Art of Persuasion (1 Viewer)

billbro

HSC
N/A
I wish to know whether you guys have any suggestions on a flim text which easily shows 'The Art of Persuasion'. While everything generally persuades one in someway, is there any films in particular that clearly shows the art or power of persuasion? Personally I have a general idea of what I will choose but some input would be appreciated. Currently im thinking of doing 'Remember the Titans' or 'Hurricane' if I manage to get a copy of either one.

Also suggestions on either a novel, short story or transcipt of a speech that also demonstrates persuasion would be ideal as well.

Thank you in advance and any advice will be kindly appreciated since it will most likely help with my assessment.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
The Australian movie The Interview, with Hugo Weaving. Cool movie, we did it in year 11 for power and persuasion, and it was an awesome text.

billbro

HSC
N/A
Thanks a bunch Josie, now all I have to do is find a copy of the movie...I'll probably just end up renting it.

Any other suggestions would be great on any of the text types.

Seems like 'The Interview' is a fairly elusive movie because its not available in the three nearest movie rental shops I've checked.

Last edited:

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
I dunno, there is one in each of my local shops, and the school has copies... ask your school... maybe download it? Dunno.

billbro

HSC
N/A
Thanks, I managed to get a copy from the internet but there weren't any copies around local shops here.

kaylz

HSC
persuasion

othello or any of the modern adaptations

dj92

Premium Member
HSC
Hey.
I'm doing Power & Persuasion now and I was wandering if you guys had any related texts other than The Interview, because we're not allowed to use it because we're going to do it in class.

Thank you!!

HSC
Nineteen Eighty Four by George Orwell= all about power, and persuasion ( in totalitarian britain)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)