Area Of Study ESSAYYYY... (1 Viewer)

^___ShabS___^

im confused....
for the area of study essay...
i've chosen to do:
p. skrzynecki (2 poems)
road not taken (poem)
related material (photograph)

can i use 2 x poems: p.skrzynecki & road not taken....

or do they all need to be different text forms....?? should i do a poem, photograph, and choose another text from BOS Stimilus booklet...

would i lose a lot of marks if i just went with 2 x poems + a photograph...?

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
well in the rubric theres something about a variety of texts.. so its basically saying you should be doing different text types
its also easier to analyse different text types.. as they all have different techniques to talk about rather than saying the same thing over
you actually need 3 related texts for journeys.. as in ur set text.. one from the stimulus book.. and two others of your own choosing

hatty

Banned
from my understanding
in order to get into the top range of marks
you will need
3 X Peter Skrzynecki
1 X BoS Stimulus Booklet
2 X Related Material

so yeah, its quite a handfull

from what i gather, you can use as many poems as you want.

^___ShabS___^

u just confused me even more ....

ok... from stimulus i got ....road not taken... the two others being skrzynecki (AOS) and the photograph (related M).... isnt that right...

or

r u saying its meant to be ONE from stimulus...ONE from AOS mine being skrzynecki and MORE than ONE related material mine being a photo and should include MORE related Material such as the film FInding Nemo .....

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
cro_angel said:
well in the rubric theres something about a variety of texts.. so its basically saying you should be doing different text types
its also easier to analyse different text types.. as they all have different techniques to talk about rather than saying the same thing over
you actually need 3 related texts for journeys.. as in ur set text.. one from the stimulus book.. and two others of your own choosing
No. If you are doing Coleridge or Srknseki (cant spell :p), you are still able to choose the Road Not Taken or any other poem in the Stimulus Booklet. The choise of the related texts of your own choosing is where they determine the variety of texts.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
i dont really understand why you would want to though.. doesnt talking about the techniques of different text types sound better than just talking about poetic techniques for both [because our teacher keeps emphasising about the 'how' being so important].. but yeh i guess whatever is most suitable go ahead and use

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
People simply tend to overlook the fact that the way a text relates to your thesis/argument is more important than what everyone thinks will please the marker.

clerisy

HSC
hatty said:
from my understanding
in order to get into the top range of marks
you will need
3 X Peter Skrzynecki
1 X BoS Stimulus Booklet
2 X Related Material

so yeah, its quite a handfull

from what i gather, you can use as many poems as you want.

You will need to have two related texts prepared.
However, in a couple of exams they've only requested you use one, so, if it's specified in the question, you can go into more detail on only one related text and still get high marks (if its any good!)

hatty

Banned
3 skrzynecki poems mate

its ur set text, so naturally it should be most ur effort is concentrated

ART

HSC
is a short story counted as being a different text type from a novel?

hi. for my supplementary texts, i'm using the short story "the yellow wallpaper", a poem and a novel. Is this okay for a "variety" of texts? or should i choose a movie? i am also using a poem from the stimulus booklet.

that is, i'm using:

2 poems
1 novel, 1short story
1 play "the tempest"

is this selection okay or will marks be deducted? :confused: thanks.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
I believe it is best that you do only one poem. The circumstances in the HSC are much different as to that of in-school assesments. You never know who you may get marking your paper, and it is best that you give them a good first-impression. What they are looking for is your ability to identify and illustrate your focus journey in a rage of texts.

Scanorama

HSC
For the essay, you need to have at least 2 Skrzynecki's poems, 3 is preferable. For the stimulus booklet, you may use another poem too if you wish, however your additional material is best to avoid poems.

You only need to select ONE text from the stimulus booklet and best to have 2 additional materials. With the additional materials, they should be different type of texts. Hope this helps :)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
its only 2 for the HSC...
2 skrzynecki poems
1 stimulus text
and 2 related material
what skrzynecki texts do u reckon r the best 2 use? i say crossing the red sea and leaving home
and which stimulus texts go well 2? journeys over land and sea?

Scanorama

HSC
I used Leavin Home and the Central station in the exam, the text i used in the stimulus is Robert Frost's poem.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Gough Whitlam said:
I used Leavin Home and the Central station in the exam, the text i used in the stimulus is Robert Frost's poem.
howd u go 4 it?
im thinking of doing leaving home and crossing the red sea
dont know wat stim text yet

Scanorama

HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
howd u go 4 it?
im thinking of doing leaving home and crossing the red sea
dont know wat stim text yet
It was ok. I mentioned something like both Skrzynecki and Frost tried to go a journey to make their life different, their journeys are full of mystery and are resistance to change. At the end, both of them made a different at the end of journey and both learned something.

I cant remember exactly what I wrote as it was 3 months ago when I wrote it. Hope this helps anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)