Argh! Yay! It's OVERRRR! (1 Viewer)

evie

Woooo! I'm so happy it's over now! :D

It was set out pretty well and I had enough time to answer all of the questions in as much detail as I wanted to.

How'd you guys go in yours? Good luck everyone! Woohoooo!

I_see_U_P

it was a case of degavou (i do not care if it's wrong spelling)
It was the same as the fucking Trial!!!

evie

Hmm really? My questions were totally different. Better than the trials. No Augustus stuff, thank gawd! :D

Jellymonsta

i hadnt seen any questions like the egypt to thut IV before... and the section II spartan bit... geography??? mountains. olive trees. nuff said. no one told me to study that... :(
but i did ok. i actually liked my greece 500-440 essay...

evie

It sucks that we all did different societies/personalities because we can't talk about certain parts of the text 'cos you haven't done it or vice versa. :(

Chicken

That was SUCH an easy exam!! I was worried because I was SURE there was going to be some obscure question about something I'd just skipped over a bit.

Hatshepsut part (c) was almost the same as in my trial (it just had an "or" instead of "and".

Middle Kingdom society was easy, except part (d) was 6 marks and it was hard to guess where they were coming from...
Part (e) was weird too - 10 marks for the significance of occupations!!

Middle Kingdom historical period was great - Question 27(b)

Additional historical - Greece 500-440 was good too - I did transformation of Delian League to Athenian Empire. I learnt all that this morning!! woohoo!!!

Basically, everything that was in the exam was something that I'd "brushed up on" this morning. I guess I was really lucky, because until this morning, I had done NO study for ancient since a study camp 5 weeks ago - and I'm REALLY happy with how I went!! Couldn't have been better!!!

I hope everyone had the same luck as me!! :D

Jellymonsta

i studied pretty hard for all the modules... and i used about a third of it, and had to make up some bodacious historian who happened to say what i did... but at least it was only one this time :D
i did the athenian/delian league one too... was a nice and basic q. :)

evie

I studied heaps for my test as well..My revision notes ended up being about 30 a4 pages! It was set up for each module and a coupla source pages. :D I did that over a few weeks and then did major revision all yesterday. Wooo, I think it paid off this time. :)

This is what I did in my test:

Aggie-- Liked the questions except the 2nd one. That *always* pops up somewhere! :|

Egyptian society--The first question. I liked that one.

Auggie and the JC--Pretty good question, I did the Claudius as Princeps one.

Auggie to Titus--I liked that one as well. It was on the imperial bureacracy and freedmen.

evie

Yup, 30 pages..Aw, the feeling of chucking them in the bin... :D I woulda burnt the lot but there's prolly a fire ban or something.

nomza

HSC
Which Egyptian hist. period??

I did New Kingdom to death of Thutmose IV -- part b)

I_see_U_P

how much did you write ....cause i only did like one book.. a little bit less!!

nomza

HSC
yep, that's the one I did.....I thought it was pretty good -- better than talking about amun anyway....I wish I could've done the other period question, it said to assess the political significance in bldg programs and thats what I did in the trial and got 23/25 for not trying.....so yeah......

why do you ask??

Jellymonsta

i did the warrior pharaoh one last... and u can just tell where i ran out of steam. i got to 5 pages with a conclusion to do, so i had to invent some whacky historian to back me up... got to 7 pages eventually
but i write small, and i would have done about the same amount of words as the band 5/6 responses from the standard pack...

nomza

HSC
I did a book -- and I think two pages from second booklet -- I don't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure that's about what I did.

evie

Quantity over Quality....

I didn't go over a booklet each for each question. If you spread your time out like they want you to it's not like you can punch out a fab, (very) detailed essay in 45 mins.

I_see_U_P

yeah i know that's why i always stuff up ....because of TIME!!
I just dont know when to stop!!!!

nomza

HSC
Yeah.....I dunno I think quantity canbe mistaken for quality sometimes.....

But anyway, I ended up using 6 booklets in ancient, no wonder I only wrote 4 pages for my last section.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)