arghh mind playing tricks on me. (1 Viewer)

skynet89

HSC
Hey since L&R's getting a bit boring i need a bit of help with a different matter.

Met a girl at this party got her number etc etc. She wasn't a stunner or anything but something drew me to her, she called me to catch up one night had loads of fun, no akward moments went around til like 2 am so yeah all good. (if a girl doesnt seem to want to leave and is enjoying her time, should i have kissed her? ).

Anyway she's on vacation now and we're fairly keen to catch up when she gets back but does anyone feel like there might be someone else out there that you'll have deeper feelings with. I'm starting uni soon and i just get this feeling that if i waited a bit i could've gone out with someone hotter, attractive etc etc i know superficial.

It's like i gotta stall a bit and wait and see or settle now. I'm really drawn to her personality though and i know that would be a rare quality i just don't want to get into anything and then hurt her.

Basically
1) do girls expect a kiss if they are obviously enjoying the night with you and staying around for as long as possible? (1st night out of "catching up")

2) do you guys get the feeling you'll bump into someone more appealing once you get into a relationship?

i've got 0% relationship experience and pretty high standards. Just help me out a little hey :)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
skynet89 said:
i've got 0% relationship experience and pretty high standards.
That's your first mistake. You are not going to start by picking up Olga Kurylenko (if you don't know who she is, Google her). I'm not saying you should lower your standards completely to the point where you'd do anything that moves, but there's a fine line you need to walk. Standards are good and all, but there's a point where it starts to become unreasonable or arrogant of you.

And women really don't like that, especially the latter.

Evilo

HSC
I'm starting uni soon and i just get this feeling that if i waited a bit i could've gone out with someone hotter, attractive etc etc
So you've got to decide if you like her or not. If you're still a bit unsure either way, just keep taking her out and see how things go. She might be really down to earth and you just progressivly take a liking for her. Seems like the 1st 'outing' went well so no dramas. Just take it how it goes and see what happens. You don't have to commit yet.

1) do girls expect a kiss if they are obviously enjoying the night with you and staying around for as long as possible?
Not necessarily, you just got to play it how things come, if it looks like the oppourtunity to do so, (and she looks keen) go for it. The "staying around" thing is a positive sign that she likes you.

2) do you guys get the feeling you'll bump into someone more appealing once you get into a relationship?
Sounds more like nerves than anything else. I mean theres always a chance that holly valance falls for you, but commit to what you've got - its a risk you've got to take.

My advice, take her out again (wouldnt call it a date..yet) and see how things go. Get to know her a bit more and see if you actually have some chemistry going.

Wow me being serious in L&R wtf!

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
post spot saved for an edit tomorrow

Evilo

HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
And women really don't like that, especially the latter.
hes right, never talk about standards to a woman (well physical anyway)... if they ever ask, say "good personality/smile etc" and change the convo asap lol. If you say "oh must have minimum D-cups", then you're going to look like a tool...

you got to be realistic too. If you look like this ( http://www.molblog.nl/Merken/images/upload/1140113000ugly_man.jpg ) then you're expectations shouldnt be supermodel material....

Thought Shark

HSC
Dude, personality is like 400 times better than looks in the long run. No matter what.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Evilo said:
So you've got to decide if you like her or not. If you're still a bit unsure either way, just keep taking her out and see how things go. She might be really down to earth and you just progressivly take a liking for her. Seems like the 1st 'outing' went well so no dramas. Just take it how it goes and see what happens. You don't have to commit yet.
Yeah, if you wait too long you're going to find the train has already left the station. See, relationships won't happen the moment you en up in uni. Sure, some people pair up in the first week and they stay together a long time, but if you assume it's going to happen and keep trying to force it, you're only going to make thingsworse for yourself. Women talk and rumour moves like wildfire. If you're too up-front about it or try and make something happen when there's nothing there just because you want to hook up with someone attractive, you're going to do a lot of damage to your reputation, and it can take a lot of time and effort to undo it.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
skynet89 said:
I'm starting uni soon and i just get this feeling that if i waited a bit i could've gone out with someone hotter, attractive etc etc i know superficial.
It's not like she's even close to being your girlfriend, you can still touch up other girls. And even if she was your girlfiend, what she doesn't know...

Evilo

HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
Yeah, if you wait too long you're going to find the train has already left the station. See, relationships won't happen the moment you en up in uni. Sure, some people pair up in the first week and they stay together a long time, but if you assume it's going to happen and keep trying to force it, you're only going to make thingsworse for yourself. Women talk and rumour moves like wildfire. If you're too up-front about it or try and make something happen when there's nothing there just because you want to hook up with someone attractive, you're going to do a lot of damage to your reputation, and it can take a lot of time and effort to undo it.
now who is being articulate... :p

skynet89

HSC
yeah what am i thinking her personality is the best ive ever encountered. 'Objects' yeah i get what you mean, i'm not that shallow like "i want a girl with blonde hair etc". Alright thanks fellas, i think it was a spur of the moment thing. Personality would last longer. She's spontaneous, witty etc and heaps fit that can't be bad. beggars cant be choosers too so i'm lucky.

can you help answer the first question too?

ps - i never mentioned anything about physical looks to her. was happy with who i was with

Last edited:

Evilo

HSC
there are no girls on the interweb. :p

Look at body language, how their acting, how the night has been etc etc, then (as i said before) - if it feels right then go for it.

Go on girls, make his day.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Let's put it this way: Rome wasn't built in a day. But neither was Paris.

Quirky analogies aside, what I mean to say is that there's no one-size-fits-all answer to your question. Some girls might want someone who kisses them in the first half-hour. Some might just like dancing.

But for the most part - ie if you're looking to build a decent relationship and not just a one-night stand - then these things take time. You have to be confident in your firendship with them before you take it to the next level, and the amount of time you take between getting to now them and getting with them differs from person to person. Sometimes it's obvious what they want and when they want it, but for he most prt you're going to have to make it up as you go along.

pattii

condom endorser
HSC
skynet89 said:
1) do girls expect a kiss if they are obviously enjoying the night with you and staying around for as long as possible? (1st night out of "catching up")
... well sometimes, but a good ol' tlak is good too.. but very rare
well if your looking 'forward' to the new piece of ass that walks by i suggest you dont get into a relationship.

skynet89

HSC
Fuck lol i worded it pretty bad, everyone thinks i'm frothing over ever pair of legs i walk by now haha. yeah cheers guys, mad help. on an embarassing note, i haven't actually kissed anyone. heard it's pretty instinctive though so fuck lol hope for the best

Evilo

HSC
you'll pick it up... i'm pretty sure if she likes you, you'll have plenty of practice.
Tip - Dont try and eat her face with your mouth when kissing lol.

la chat

HSC
N/A
Thought Shark said:
Dude, personality is like 400 times better than looks in the long run. No matter what.
deinately, looks fade with age, but personality doesn't. she could be miss universe materil now, but unfortunately, thats not going to last forever.
and i know what u mean, lyk i meet some really nice guys with great personalities but who just arnt dazzling, and u kind of just want to leave it in the "just fiends" zone. its horrible i know, but that the human nature.

Pace_T

HSC
la chat said:
deinately, looks fade with age, but personality doesn't. she could be miss universe materil now, but unfortunately, thats not going to last forever.
and i know what u mean, lyk i meet some really nice guys with great personalities but who just arnt dazzling, and u kind of just want to leave it in the "just fiends" zone. its horrible i know, but that the human nature.
yes her looks wont last forever but they'll last for a few decades or so, then she'll be a milf, even better, guys!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
skynet89 said:
Basically

1. not so much 'expect' but if i really like the guy and he doesn't pick up on the signals i may get a bit discouraged and be less inclined to come onto him if there's a next time.

2. i think most people worry about this when they're not sure how they feel about someone. but when you know for sure that you're really into them it ceases to matter.

HSC
Every girl is different. Don't think all of them have the same expectations. (I did not read thread) :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)