• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Aria's 2003 (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
When you think about it... Delta is 18, the same age as us. She's had an "acting" career (I always hesitate to call soapie stars actors), a huge music career, and she's got cancer... I think people need to stop being so hard on her, she's only the same age as us!

Fry

Originally posted by guy
fuck the americans they are always shit and fucking gay
hilary duff is hot but a stupid cunt at the same time

if you are referring to kelly osbourne, remember she's british. people tend to forget that

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Butterfly_Wings
I think anyone who bags Delta is suffering from a bad case of sour grapes. Yes-she is overrated. Yes-she didnt deserve every single awayd she was given (such as best video-why?) And personally, I am not a fan of her actual music.
However- for a female pop-sensation, I hold plenty of respect for her. She doesnt dress up and dance around like a whore (ala Christina Aguilera), she doesnt try to promote herself via an over-the-top, fabricated image (ala Avril Lavinge) she can actually play an instrument at a level of competence, and she does have a good voice. She always acts graciously in interviews, and she doesnt milk her illness for every cent its worth (although others are certainly happy to do that for her.) How many other pop stars could claim this? Good luck to her.

thats half her problem, her music is one dimensional and she has no sex appeal, she's a boring git.
i reckon she and everyone else is milking the illness for everything its worth, she always talks about how amazing everyone is and everyone always says, " oh what a courageous battle" blah blah freakin blah.

meanwhile Gerling, The mess Hall and pete murray get ignored

Generator

HSC
N/A
And Silverchair continually win, even when they don't even make an appearance for the year (a few years ago).
Silverchair... What a pathetic band.

Abide

Wie gehts?
HSC
N/A
shouldn't really bag out delta - she wasn't the one to says "give me! give me! i have cancer! muahahaha!"... it's the people who decide whom to give the awards out to (well, the non-statistic related ones).

delta might be feeling a pang of regret too ie. wanting to be treated like everyone else regardless of condition, but wasn't given that chance.

so i'd think she and the rest of the nation (apparently) would be happier if she got one or two arias.

i'm rambling.
okay, i'll shut up now. :p

Universal

HSC
N/A
Regardless of anyone's taste in music you cannot deny that Delta has soo much talent. I think she deserved them all, if not more. Happy that Powderfinger got Album of the year though, that's their 5th time and no one is complaining about that?
It's funny how girls are always the first ones to hark up at other beautiful girls. hmmm yeah.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by Generator
And Silverchair continually win, even when they don't even make an appearance for the year (a few years ago).
Silverchair... What a pathetic band.
I can't say I like them much myself either (even though they are a local band):).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by Universal
Regardless of anyone's taste in music you cannot deny that Delta has soo much talent. I think she deserved them all, if not more. Happy that Powderfinger got Album of the year though, that's their 5th time and no one is complaining about that?
It's funny how girls are always the first ones to hark up at other beautiful girls. hmmm yeah.
I am a male and I think she gets too much attention, although, as I said before it is probably because of the state of the Australian entertainment industry. They had no one else to give the awards to:lol:!

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
There ARE plenty of artists to give awards to. It's just that a lot of artists never get off the ground because everyone latches onto a few certain bands, and once they are big it doesn't matter how bad their albums are because everyone will still love them regardless.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
just because you dont agree with someones style of music, or the fact that they get sympathy from the media and public because they are ill doesnt mean they arent talented and dont deserve to win.
delta was successful before her cancer diagnosis.

and she is a hell of a lot more talented than most of the pop tartlets out there who insist on using sex sells, simply because they arent talented enough to sell songs based on vocal ability

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
just because you dont agree with someones style of music, or the fact that they get sympathy from the media and public because they are ill doesnt mean they arent talented and dont deserve to win.
delta was successful before her cancer diagnosis.

and she is a hell of a lot more talented than most of the pop tartlets out there who insist on using sex sells, simply because they arent talented enough to sell songs based on vocal ability
*looks over shoulder*
Are you talking to me? Cos thats basically what I said a few posts up...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
well on another topic.. not to change the topic but just to ask.. do you think it is slack nikki webster is always the butt of the joke? poor kid

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
well on another topic.. not to change the topic but just to ask.. do you think it is slack nikki webster is always the butt of the joke? poor kid
Nikki Webster is good for the kids, but the rest of us should be allowed to mock. :p

I realised the other day she is like 17...she is beyond puberty. Thats freaky.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
Not in my opinion because she annoys me:).

Abide

Wie gehts?
HSC
N/A
omg... there's something about nikki that i just HATE!

N

ND

Originally posted by Butterfly_Wings

I realised the other day she is like 17...she is beyond puberty. Thats freaky.
Really?! i thought she was like 13 maybe 14... To think, there's only a year between her and Delta.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)