Armidale Weather (1 Viewer)

cmifsud

HSC
I saw on the news today that a big hailstorm happenned in Armidale. Do these happen often and do you think I'd be better off leaving my car at home and have my parents drive me to UNE at the start and end of term. I don't care about the cold but hail worries me.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Relax, that was a freak occurance (and it only hit the eastern half of the 'Dale). No-one saw it coming and it lasted all of five minutes. I was there a year and we didn't have any hail. Or snow, for that matter (I think it happened once).

BlackDragon

HSC
haha the storm. i've lived in armidale for a long time and that's only happened once before (96).
this one was fun actually. hail bucketing down. it covered the central football fields completely in about 30 centimetres of solid hail and an amazing pea soup fog. cars were going so slowly and many windows got smashed. but it didn't last very long. pretty much everything was fine.
as soon as it started i hopped on my mountain bike and went for a ride around the trails. it was so fun. it was muddy, wet, icy, massively foggy. the best ride ever :D then it poured down with rain.

but yeah relax. it never hails like that. it wasn't that bad in reality - just a spectacle. it never hails really. snows once ever few years. it snowed this year actually. armidale weather is good.

suzieee

HSC
yeah, i live in walcha (40 mins from armidale) and its pretty cold here, but it only snows occasionally (like once a year) and im pretty sure armidale gets less snow than walcha. its not really as cold as everyone makes out. (although right now im sitting at the computer in trackies and a jumper and im freezing. its supposed to be summer!)
well, id better go and warm up :)

rev-ise

HSC
Well, Armidale does have it's odd occurrence of freakish weather, like that day in November, I think it was the 16th. When it snowed, and it actually settled, it looked nice, but it was darn cold. I don't think things like that heavy but quick hailstorm happen very much here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)