Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Joining Full Time instead

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Haaaaaaaaaaaa...haaaaa....no wayyy

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters

Surviv0r

HSC
With the new proposed plan to join the army instead of travelling...
whose tempted to join...get good pay...meet different people...get experienced...secured job in the future if planning on returning...

Im planning to join full time at ADFA...join the navy...need 1 more interview left...yyyeaa

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
jw, but does it really matter whether ur asian or not?

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Riddles said:
no it doesnt matter if ur asian or not. im in da army reserves, n a coupla my mates r asian n theyre in. just need citizenship
Yes I am an Australian Citizen (i.e born here) but I'm not physically fit and I am of slim build, furthermore I am only 17 ... What other criteria must I meet before considering joining the RAAF ?

If I get a pathetic UAI of 70 or lower I definitely want to join the RAAF

vg_woz_here

HSC
lol i wouldnt mind joining..its just that im not physically fit enough...lol plus i dont like the idea of going to war =\

maccaman

Banana's in your mama's.
HSC
You wanna join but you don't want to go to war.

Serious question mark to that dude.

You don't have to be that fit either. Just be able to run 2k or something, the criteria are really low.

I'm joining the reserves atm.

jaimielee

HSC
What you guys really have to realise is that the army isnt just a job, it is a life style. The training is really harsh, but if you put in the work than you find it really rewarding. My mother's boyfriend is over in Afghanistan with the army at the moment and it truely is hard. He has been over there for 3 months and has 3 months left of his deployment. Once you get called up to go on a mission you have to go... there is no decision in it.

He also found that it was hard when he was raising his own children. His position in the army meant that he wasn't around much and his children resented him for it.

On the other hand i have a friend who is a medic in the army... he absolutely loves it. He is studying nursing at uni and the army is paying for it... he works hard with his physical training (he is really into his martial arts) and wouldn't change his life for anything.

Really think about the pro's and con's... maybe even talk to people already in the armed forces, but know that it isnt easy. The recruit training is really tough, but once you adjust to army life you make friends that will support you for life =)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
jaimielee said:
.... On the other hand i have a friend who is a medic in the army... he absolutely loves it. He is studying nursing at uni and the army is paying for it... he works hard with his physical training (he is really into his martial arts) and wouldn't change his life for anything. ...
I happened to want to study nursing at uni, but I'm not physically fit though, and I don't have any for of self-defence training.

n@ttyb

HSC
f3nr15 said:
I happened to want to study nursing at uni, but I'm not physically fit though, and I don't have any for of self-defence training.
im doing nursing next year and im not the fittest out there. You can always improve your fitness while studying it.. its a 3 year course.

I was also thinking about joining the army so they pay for it all... but i decided i didnt want to be stuck in the defence force.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
n@ttyb said:
im doing nursing next year and im not the fittest out there. You can always improve your fitness while studying it.. its a 3 year course.

I was also thinking about joining the army so they pay for it all... but i decided i didnt want to be stuck in the defence force.
The cons outweigh the pros, when 60 Minutes aired on 29th October 2006, it reports on returned soldiers who suffered post-traumatic stress disorder. Even the slightest noise can provoke them, the common sound of a freezer door closing with a firm whack will sound like a mortar to one sufferer.

My likelyhood to die in Iraq is much more higher, I could be kidnapped and beheaded, sniped, blown up by a suicide bomber or just get shot.
I would also have to remain there for a long time and like they said on 60 Mintues, anything could conceal bombs, bins, cars and houses.
And I'm not sure if you carry a pistol or any form of defense of you are set upon as a medic. And if I have children then, I won't get to see them for a while.

n@ttyb

HSC
f3nr15 said:
The cons outweigh the pros, when 60 Minutes aired on 29th October 2006, it reports on returned soldiers who suffered post-traumatic stress disorder. Even the slightest noise can provoke them, the common sound of a freezer door closing with a firm whack will sound like a mortar to one sufferer.

My likelyhood to die in Iraq is much more higher, I could be kidnapped and beheaded, sniped, blown up by a suicide bomber or just get shot.
I would also have to remain there for a long time and like they said on 60 Mintues, anything could conceal bombs, bins, cars and houses.
And I'm not sure if you carry a pistol or any form of defense of you are set upon as a medic. And if I have children then, I won't get to see them for a while.
yeah i saw that too, but you dont have to be in the defence forces to suffer PTSD, other proffesions such as the police and ambos do. Alot of people dont join the defence forces because of those risks, me included. You still have plenty of time left to think out your options anyways.

Surviv0r

HSC
theres heaps of benefits... u get a secured job... pay heaps...free medical and dental...cheaper houses...loads and loads of em...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)