around 6 weeks until trials - how do i approach study? (1 Viewer)

mikrokosmos

HSC
hey guys!! i have 6 exams + major work to complete within 6 weeks. how can i approach this?

thank you so much !!

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
In regards to both tasks, I’d firstly recommend splitting the 6 weeks up (of course this depends how far you are in with both tasks). For example, if you’re nearly done with exam revision but half way through your major work, then split it up into 2 weeks for exams and 4 weeks for major work.

In saying this, use the time you’ve got for your exams to make sure you’ve done your revision notes, and then start working on working on any content/weaknesses you need to go over. Once you’re confident with this, then start working on a few past trial papers (I say a few just because of the time constraints) and remember to submit them for marking to your teachers. While this is being done, you can then begin on your major work (or switch it around with major work first and then exam prep- whatever suits you best). Of course in between, work a little bit on each for example, have a look at your revision content to refresh a bit of your memory when you’re doing your major work and vice versa.

I highly recommend making a study schedule and sticking to it so that you’re really able to ensure you work on everything practically and just not in theory.

Good luck!

mikrokosmos

HSC
In regards to both tasks, I’d firstly recommend splitting the 6 weeks up (of course this depends how far you are in with both tasks). For example, if you’re nearly done with exam revision but half way through your major work, then split it up into 2 weeks for exams and 4 weeks for major work.

In saying this, use the time you’ve got for your exams to make sure you’ve done your revision notes, and then start working on working on any content/weaknesses you need to go over. Once you’re confident with this, then start working on a few past trial papers (I say a few just because of the time constraints) and remember to submit them for marking to your teachers. While this is being done, you can then begin on your major work (or switch it around with major work first and then exam prep- whatever suits you best). Of course in between, work a little bit on each for example, have a look at your revision content to refresh a bit of your memory when you’re doing your major work and vice versa.

I highly recommend making a study schedule and sticking to it so that you’re really able to ensure you work on everything practically and just not in theory.

Good luck!
thank you ! <3
i'm aiming to finish all of my course notes by the end of this term so the 25th so that i can have the first weekend off for fun and then get into study. from the holidays (the first monday) to the last day before trials, i have exactly 25 days. so yeah i'll be working on my major from this friday (after exams) simultaneously with my mod c work, and then leave the 25 days for touching up my major and focussing on trials.

i've been writing essays for adv and ex1 so hopefully i can get them all in to my tutor/teachers to mark :) and yeah i really need to focus on eco and math currently ~struggling~

thankfully i have the week after trials to fix up my major before submitting so i still have some time

sorry for the rant HAHA and thank you for responding !!!

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
thank you ! <3
i'm aiming to finish all of my course notes by the end of this term so the 25th so that i can have the first weekend off for fun and then get into study. from the holidays (the first monday) to the last day before trials, i have exactly 25 days. so yeah i'll be working on my major from this friday (after exams) simultaneously with my mod c work, and then leave the 25 days for touching up my major and focussing on trials.

i've been writing essays for adv and ex1 so hopefully i can get them all in to my tutor/teachers to mark :) and yeah i really need to focus on eco and math currently ~struggling~

thankfully i have the week after trials to fix up my major before submitting so i still have some time

sorry for the rant HAHA and thank you for responding !!!
That sounds perfect! I’m sure you’ll be able to get through your work especially with the way you’ve got things planned! It looks great! All the very best!! : )

And not a problem at all <3

HSC
hey guys how many trial papers would you recommend completing before the advanced maths trials?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
hey guys how many trial papers would you recommend completing before the advanced maths trials?
While completing as many past trial papers as possible allows you to be exposed to more and varied types of questions (which in turn gives you a higher chance of being familiar with the types of questions that could be asked in your actual trial exam), doing so without benefiting from them doesn't constitute an effective way of preparing for your Mathematics Advanced trial exam.

That said, you should complete as many papers as possible before your trial exam so you could benefit from the above, which could result in the actual exam being a little easier for you since you become used to multiple approaches, provided you are constantly identifying, understanding and addressing your mistakes (if applicable) along the way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)