Arrests as anti-G20 turns violent (1 Viewer)

L

littlewing69

Captain Gh3y said:
Look at the pics in the second 2 links in my first post in this thread, the police are just standing there doing nothing while the anarchists vandalise their vehicles and throw medical waste at them.

If you don't like those because they're from conservative bloggers, here it is from indymedia, an entirely unbiased source:

http://melbourne.indymedia.org/news/2006/11/130701_comment.php
Certainly there are jackasses ruining a protest with violence in this case, but I just want to point out that I've seen plenty of overly brutal and frankly undemocratic quashing of peaceful protest activity at these WTO/G8/G20 sorts of things before. Sure, the anarchists often turn up and start throwing bricks through Starbucks windows etc., but I'm always a little wary of the way the police prepare for these events and step up the anti-protester rhetoric before anything happens.

No one said protest are not allowed. You will be very happy if it was your car, home or property that was destroyed in this kind of incident won't ya?
I'd like you to point out the bit in any of my posts where I condoned violence against property. Cheers.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
we dont want a perfectly competitive market, if you do economics you'd know that as a fact.

but i can bet you any money that half the protestors are there for the wrong reasons, either no reason at all or ill-informed

HotShot

-_-
HSC
wuddie said:
we dont want a perfectly competitive market, if you do economics you'd know that as a fact.

but i can bet you any money that half the protestors are there for the wrong reasons, either no reason at all or ill-informed
well perfectly competitive market - is simply impossible due to host of reasons. Anyway there is little point, protesting here to bunch of economists - typically they would have worked out the oppurinity costs of holding the summit in melbourne or elsewhere.

on top of what they would have worked, it was the ideal time for the summit and the dicussion to be take place would have calculated by opputinity costs as well. for eg, talking about poverty might take a while while climate change might take even longer or something like that.

in the these protests achieved nothing - and they will achieve nothing as there is nothing to achieve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)