Art Express 2007 (1 Viewer)

Beetle

HSC
Hey, what would be a mark from your internal assessment of you BOW to *maybe* get you a consideration or nomination to art express?

I got 45/50... i dunnoe if thats good or not..

Thnx for your helps guys....

siGH* a majority of us will be sitting the VA exam on the second last day of the HSC, while others will be partying.. lOL.. sad isnt it ? LOL.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Beetle said:
Hey, what would be a mark from your internal assessment of you BOW to *maybe* get you a consideration or nomination to art express?

I got 45/50... i dunnoe if thats good or not..

Thnx for your helps guys....

siGH* a majority of us will be sitting the VA exam on the second last day of the HSC, while others will be partying.. lOL.. sad isnt it ? LOL.
Dude i'll be partying on that fucking Friday night. Major pubcrawl in Newcastle, come along!

I got 49/50

yeahyeahyeah

HSC
Chances are pretty high that the mark you get for your internal assessment will be different to the mark the examiners give you.
Also- even if you are given a really high mark by the examiners, you won't necessarily be nominated for art express. They have to consider things like how fragile your BOW is, and whether or not it could be moved around easily....

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
yeahyeahyeah said:
Chances are pretty high that the mark you get for your internal assessment will be different to the mark the examiners give you.
Also- even if you are given a really high mark by the examiners, you won't necessarily be nominated for art express. They have to consider things like how fragile your BOW is, and whether or not it could be moved around easily....
Actually the teachers at my school have never ever been off the mark by about 1-2 marks as we have three actual markers.
And I know all that about Art Express already. It's only been drilled into my head since year 9... and then by about 1053853 hsc art students.. gawsh.

joe1016

HSC
its the same at our school too...usually the internal mark is not far off (but not always exactly) the actual mark. our school had four people mark them to try to find the fairest mark.....

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC
they dont necessarily pick ones with high marks to put into art express

i think they would prefer a more unique idea rather than mark

Amaybro

HSC
usually a unique idea expressed in a sophisticated manner achieves that high mark :p

i think about 5 teachers at our school marked ours, they wouldn't give us our marks back and im not sure how accurate they are but anyway...

ive heard 45+ is a minimum to be put aside for art express, after that they consider the exhibitions their making (i.e. what themes they want to use) and if you get lucky you get a letter

LISOC

HSC
i'm so confused. the internal mark is based upon something completely different to the criteria of which the BOS markers use isn't it? i.e. the internal mark has more to do with process/progress etc whereas the BOS markers put more of an emphasis on coherence, conceptual strength and aesthetically appealing properties.

i wouldn't think that they'd consider a 45 cut-off mark to consider for art express since they're going to have to mark all the artworks that are submitted regardless of their internal mark.

but i could be wrong! :-S

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC
Amaybro said:
if you get lucky you get a letter
weird question but what the heck
may I ask what does Art Express actually do?
like if you get in, do you get something to put in CV or something?

nwatts

HSC
cbadvanced said:
nothing dude, it's just an exhibition. excuse to bring your dutch aunty all the way from the motherland to see her nephew's debut, even if she's very old and indecipherable and hilarious, etc.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
cbadvanced said:
Hahaha probably a certificate of acknowledgement, there are a couple of prizes though, guy from my school got one from Croma paint, pretty cool. Oh and you get put on the DVD... and maybe on the website.

Amaybro

HSC
LISOC said:
i wouldn't think that they'd consider a 45 cut-off mark to consider for art express since they're going to have to mark all the artworks that are submitted regardless of their internal mark.

but i could be wrong! :-S
Sorry i meant a cut-off mark of 45 for the external examination. i.e. whatever scores 45+ usually is 'put aside' and considered seperately with all the works that have been 'put aside' in the state from which they make the exhibitions...

Amaybro

HSC
BTW does anyone know when the send out the letters for art express 2007? end of the year? after the hsc?

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Amaybro said:
Thankyou! ;)
Best of luck with yours, what'd you for urs little 2007er :)?
(yes i'm entitled to call you that for a little while, hehe).

iradakl

HSC
have the published the preselections yet??

for some reason, i remember the preselections for last year being published a little earlier in the year than now.

charltonm

HSC
At my school we've only got two art teachers and only ones marked before, he said 43 and higher this year. Is this right or is it just a stupid country school thing?:confused:

hazaar

Greenie
HSC
My art teacher has marked HSC for the last ten years and he said that the min mark needed to be considered for ART EXPRESS was 38/50. But obviously if it's at the lower end of the spectrum it's going to need to have a pretty damn interesting concept!

brucefeng644

HSC
N/A
OOOoo...so we get the results AFTER the HSC....even though they probably already decided like 1 month before that...like how do we get to know...do our school know first or do we???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)