Art Express 2007 (1 Viewer)

charltonm

HSC
Well good luck to all of you in the prac markings. Apparently the markers are coming out west within the next two weeks.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
geegables said:
Art Marking Starts In 2 Days !!
Fuck.
I wonder where mine is because I had to send it to the marking centre under "photography and digital media"

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

noodan

HSC
iradakl said:
have the published the preselections yet??

for some reason, i remember the preselections for last year being published a little earlier in the year than now.
not all works have been marked yet... my schools were only marked yesterday.. so i think it will be a while before the preselections are published...

The Cruel Sea

HSC
some preselections have been released, I know because i'm one of them. However that does not mean there will be no more selections made; i'm stating the obvious there, I guess people are notified relatively soon after the marks have been finalised.

The cut-off mark is 45, according to my teacher.

HSC
N/A
The Cruel Sea said:
some preselections have been released, I know because i'm one of them. However that does not mean there will be no more selections made; i'm stating the obvious there, I guess people are notified relatively soon after the marks have been finalised.

The cut-off mark is 45, according to my teacher.
Yep, 45 cut-off is normally the go. Also, if your work is being marked at your school than you should find out immediately after they've been marked whether you've been pre-selected --- normally anyone who gets over 45 is preselected.

Also, internal and external marks DO tend to vary sometimes. My art teachers are senior HSC art markers but they underestimated my mark by almost 10 points (that is, my external mark was much higher than my internal mark). So don't lose all hope if your internal mark is under 45. I made it to artexpress with a relatively low internal mark.

hazaar

Greenie
HSC
aahhhh the tension....i just wish i could find out NOW!!

YAY 100 posts!!!!

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Well that sucks, I have no idea who's been selected and what not :(
*cries*
I just want a good mark!

CONGRATS Cruel Sea!
Just found out a mate got nominated...

Last edited:

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
hazaar said:
aahhhh the tension....i just wish i could find out NOW!!

YAY 100 posts!!!!

I agree with you here and congrats on 100 posts... HAZAAAAAAAAAR

Anyone know how long a marking centre sent work takes to be marked :(?

chrismund

HSC
well i dont know how or when they tell you, but my class has gotten its artworks back except for me and a frend, who if you ask the teacher says we've been shortlisted for artexpress, YYAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

:):):):)

best of luck kids

i think though that i would be at the lower end of the range of works

brucefeng644

HSC
N/A
LOLZ....congrates Cruel Sea!!! just found out that i was nominated...hmmm...so that means my work got or over 45???....dun believe that if we DO get chosen then we won't see our works till May 2008!!! wat do they do??? take them around australia???

The Cruel Sea

HSC
endearing as it is, to recieve my works a year and a half later, May 2008, is ridiculous? that can't be right, I assume the time it takes its proportional to the veneu it features in. I was hoping to pay for some of my art course with them.

Congratulations to both of you bruce and chris.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
brucefeng644 said:
LOLZ....congrates Cruel Sea!!! just found out that i was nominated...hmmm...so that means my work got or over 45???....dun believe that if we DO get chosen then we won't see our works till May 2008!!! wat do they do??? take them around australia???

Yes indeed my dear it is 45+
Otherwise like ya'll wouldn't fit the criteria, ya'll... :)
Orstralia maaaaaayte... no just nswelshmen

LISOC

HSC
luscious-llama said:
Yes indeed my dear it is 45+
Otherwise like ya'll wouldn't fit the criteria, ya'll... :)
Orstralia maaaaaayte... no just nswelshmen
haha luscious, youse sound like me dad who's a bushy from dubbo.

congrats to all who have been nom'd! really, top job! i can't wait to see what our year has produced!! <3

i did my visual arts course through a distance school as it clashed with my other favourite subject (modern history) so i have no idea if any artworks have been returned. i hope they let me down easy; i'm not expecting anything...i'm not sure whether the BOS would approve of the subject matter of my work as a reflection of youth consciousness + some of my large digital prints (i did photography with some abstract expressionist paintings) started to bow so they wouldn't be suitable for exhibition. : (

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
LISOC said:
haha luscious, youse sound like me dad who's a bushy from dubbo.

congrats to all who have been nom'd! really, top job! i can't wait to see what our year has produced!! <3

i did my visual arts course through a distance school as it clashed with my other favourite subject (modern history) so i have no idea if any artworks have been returned. i hope they let me down easy; i'm not expecting anything...i'm not sure whether the BOS would approve of the subject matter of my work as a reflection of youth consciousness + some of my large digital prints (i did photography with some abstract expressionist paintings) started to bow so they wouldn't be suitable for exhibition. : (
Hello gorgeous :) ahhh I do SoR1 through distance ed... so shitty... artworks returned, well, good question because mine at school certainly haven't and if they dont' return the proper bag I put mine in, cause its fairly fragile I will not be happy.
Hmmm I 'm not sure about bowing of works sorry darling :(

Best of luck!

The Cruel Sea

HSC
undertaking art through an institution of distance education was liberating...
hence the oppurtune deliverance of my work, independent of any imcompetent courier, arose, allowing me the most joyous acquaintance... yes joyous indeed it was... for the encounter of this grossly delapidated entity -of whom, humanity had escaped all but the darkest regions of his more primitive adornments- illuminated the necessity of, 1) maintaining an exaggerated distance, and pompous disgust, for all sources of saturated fats 2) the pursuit of one's own potential, so that one may never stagnate in the regretful diminution of his own potential, and 3) ensuring the well being of a series of works, by delivering and arranging a collection of the works independent of any organisms such as the one preceding humanity mentioned above.

dillusions of eloquence aside, you probably won't recieve your work in the packaging the marking centre recieved it in. I interpreted the muffled utterance of the afore mentioned organism as such, that casts doubt over the return of your work in the correct packaging.

llama realise there are still a massive amount of works to be marked, just be patient there unfaithful one.

procrastination over.

LISOC

HSC
oh! my mum and i made a special box for my work...we had elaborate layers of bubblewrap and oil-free paper. what a bother that will be to have them returned in something less adequate *humph*

yes, i agree that distance ed was great for art. my ideas were able to progress independently of any external pressures and having two sources of critique; that of my distance teachers and the art teachers at my school was very helpful as they all seemed to have differing perceptions of my work.

i'm waiting for the 'hi annalise, just ringing to let you know that your artwork has been returned so you can come retrieve it whenever you are ready' phone call any day now. lol.

i'd love for you all to have a look at my work; i've posted it in the BOW pics thread; it should be one or two pages back. regardless of your interpretation, i'd love for your opinions <3

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
The Cruel Sea said:
undertaking art through an institution of distance education was liberating...
hence the oppurtune deliverance of my work, independent of any imcompetent courier, arose, allowing me the most joyous acquaintance... yes joyous indeed it was... for the encounter of this grossly delapidated entity -of whom, humanity had escaped all but the darkest regions of his more primitive adornments- illuminated the necessity of, 1) maintaining an exaggerated distance, and pompous disgust, for all sources of saturated fats 2) the pursuit of one's own potential, so that one may never stagnate in the regretful diminution of his own potential, and 3) ensuring the well being of a series of works, by delivering and arranging a collection of the works independent of any organisms such as the one preceding humanity mentioned above.

dillusions of eloquence aside, you probably won't recieve your work in the packaging the marking centre recieved it in. I interpreted the muffled utterance of the afore mentioned organism as such, that casts doubt over the return of your work in the correct packaging.

llama realise there are still a massive amount of works to be marked, just be patient there unfaithful one.

procrastination over.
If you wrote like that in the HSC you've pwned my ass. Ummmmm. That took me 20 minutes to figure out WTF you were writing (not really, more like 2)..... Thank you Cruely Sea The <3

LISOC said:
oh! my mum and i made a special box for my work...we had elaborate layers of bubblewrap and oil-free paper. what a bother that will be to have them returned in something less adequate *humph*

yes, i agree that distance ed was great for art. my ideas were able to progress independently of any external pressures and having two sources of critique; that of my distance teachers and the art teachers at my school was very helpful as they all seemed to have differing perceptions of my work.

i'm waiting for the 'hi annalise, just ringing to let you know that your artwork has been returned so you can come retrieve it whenever you are ready' phone call any day now. lol.

i'd love for you all to have a look at my work; i've posted it in the BOW pics thread; it should be one or two pages back. regardless of your interpretation, i'd love for your opinions <3
Checking it out, rawk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)