Art Express Nominees- Post your works here (1 Viewer)

muzzling

HSC
Hey all
I finally went to school today and scanned in the photos of my works...
Some of these photos are of the works during production so some aren't not completed, but whatever.

Let me know what you think. It's called "Fragile Anatomy"

Oh, and just in case you don't know what they are:
- green premature baby held in man's hands with drapery surrounding both
- Brown young man's backside, with a DNA-inspired strand running through it and rock-inspired decoration around the side
- Pink profile of an old man's face with a lead detail of the ear
- Blue Jesus-inspired man dying in arms of a lead-drawn man, with surrounding blue drapery.

These aren't the final pictures. I ripped them all up and sewed them all back together with darning thread, so this is only part of what i did.
Also, the quality of these photos isn't that good.. but enough of my excuses.. have a squiz.

MeZz

HSC
Woop Woop, I just found out I got into ArtExpress!! :D Any ideas on what the statement should say?

cuivienen

HSC
Ok I got this off the official Art Gallery of N.S.W website...

A dynamic and popular exhibition featuring a selection of outstanding student artworks developed for the artmaking component of the HSC examination in Visual Arts, 2004. It includes a broad range of approaches, and expressive forms, including ceramics, collection of works, drawing, painting, photography, printmaking, sculpture and video.
That basically sums it up...i think...

angelxfunk

HSC
how to explain art express... its an exhibtion for yr 12 art students. only a certain number of students are selected (there is a pre-selection in which everyone is either saying they have or havent gotten in2 atm, only 800 out of the state have been selected for this if they recieved a mark of 45 or higher, out of 50) the exhibtion tours NSW galleries and also exhibits in the sydney art gallery. there is also a book created which shows all the works and a description of it. its an honour if you get in :)
my art teacher called this morning to tell me i had gotten in the pre-selection. i will post my artwork up. but from looking at everyone else's artworks that got in i have NO chance up against them! seriously- Jase your's was unbelievably amazing! and others that i saw, and Timrie6 i have no idea why your artwork didnt get in because it is amazing aswell! and what on earth did u make it out of?
anyway mines pretty straight forward.. its on the september 11 crisis, i went and saw the site in 2003 and im an american citizen (so thats my reason for doing it) i also have a booklet which goes with the artwork but no photos of it.

cuivienen

HSC
Very nice work there my friend...all the best and hope it does really well... :)

piratedebbie

HSC
im scared!

omg! i got inthe selections for artexpress and was estatic! but now looking at all ur works im not sure i will get in hahaha, ahhh well atleast it was a good mark! hey they say they choose the final artexpress students based on themes they want to run on for the exhibition. i guess that makes sense when u've seen the last past years. like teher was a heap of political ones and rural ones and feminist ones from last year that got exhibited this year. so dont worry if u don't get selected. ppl who got a lower mark than u might be exhibited instead of u just becoz it fits in better..... :p

Last edited:

Fire_Hydra

ain't no other
HSC
i didn't get short-listed but 3 of my friends did!!!!
so congrats to them!!!!!

piratedebbie

HSC
wats the "grrr" for? if its for the selectors being biased on themes then i'm with u girl! i dont know how they should select it tho.... id love to be one of those ppl :rolleyes:

piratedebbie

HSC
fire hydra, can i ask u a really embarrassing question... (i dont know anything on this site) . how do u get a picture on ur profile?

piratedebbie

HSC
fire hydra, can i ask u a really embarrassing question... (i dont know anything on this site) . how do u get a picture on ur profile? :p

piratedebbie

HSC
oops

how embarrassing! i just posted two identical threads!eeek sorrrrrryyyy guys... i will just hide in my corner now

Jase

HSC
ahahha that's quite alright... you can come out know.

erm, you click on the thingy that says "User CP" at the top left on the blue bar just under the title of the thread. and then er.. something like.. a set/use avatar option in the panel on the left?

Serg01

letter or/and teacher

fo rme it was a letter.. my teaher idnt know I knew until i said something

MeZz

HSC
Does anyone know what date in December we will find out if we have been selected? (Here's my final copy of my BOW)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)