Art Express? (1 Viewer)

helani

HSC
runboynick said:
wow! what school do you go to? that is amazing!
i go to hornsby girls high. their pretty serious about art . we have two great teachers. and our school generally does well. our grade is just excited we beat last years total nominations hehehe

helani

HSC
maxibon88 said:
Geese Art is my life but some times i just feel like all it does is take. Damn art express. Any chances that some places havent been marked...anyway this was my work, I thought i had a good chance of at least being selected...haha anyways who wants to hold their own own artexpress with me ..we can call it something like "beautifulshitthatdidntmakeitin" and we can exhibit in garages and undergroung cafes...New York style. Then we can make a disk just like the BOS does for ARt express but our disk will have a bonus section with like nudity in it. Anyone keen.
wow your work was great. i know what you mean about art being your life but don't worry if your not selected. its really tough for them to pick work as well. it doesn't mean that it wasn't good enough for art express. as long as YOU were happy with it :D.

kristie87

HSC
I LOVE your work maxibon! It's so HOT! You do realise that there is still a chance - itinerate marking doesn't conclude until the end of then HSC I think - well at least that's what my teacher told me and i'm pretty sure he'd know. I mean, I don't want to get your hopes up or anything - but don't be too hard on yourself, because your work is FANTASTIC!

irnie

life is a dance floor
HSC
Chris.Lloyd said:
I just found out that I and 8 other people (9 in total) got nominated from our school. Speaking of throwing money at an artwork, one guy (who was nominated) took photos of fire in one night, then spend a thousand dollars on getting them mounted and printed. Shows that money can truley buy you a good HSC mark.
Our art teacher is estatic, 9 is a record for our school, who has only had two nominations for art express in the last 3 years. Mind you, our teacher only came last year, so that helped.
Well I did an animation and I guess it's been marked. You can see it at http://www.rianlloyd.com/ChrisLloyd/Apeiron/

awesome movie dude!!! i hope they pick a theme to do with illusions.. thats what mine was based on too... but yours kicks ass over mine... i mean the name alone...

great work! :D

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
I got crushed today.

Although I am happy that I got nominated, i found out that they nominate like 800, and only 200 - 280 get selected for the final thing.

I was hoping it was more 50/50.

But whatever, in some ways i am glad i made it this far, but if i don't eventually get into the final cut, then in some ways I'd rather i hadn't been nominated, cause it just gets your hopes up, only to crush them.

Ahh well.

*edit - By 50/50 i don't mean 50 out of 50, i mean fifty-fifty chance of getting in.

Counterfeit

HSC
Oh my goodness... i just found out my works are being marked TODAY! eeep!

How long from the day of marking till u find out if u have been nominated for art express? Will i know by the end of today if i have or havent? Will i know tomorrow? A WEEK?
Oh ill just die if i dont get nominated!

bondal

HSC
if u didnt get nominated, sidelined, shortlisted or whatever does that mean you got below the 45/50 mark or whatever the cut off is?

juni

juni
HSC
Hi..I got in to the nominees, but I feel for those who didn't..
Even from our school the ones who got 50/50 internally, two of them both got rejected and someone who tied with me (48/50) also didn't even make it to the nominations!
Truthfully I'm upset for them, as I don't see the logic of giving someone a high mark yet won't even give them the slightest chance of exhibiting by returning the work. My teacher told me of past cases where some students got 48/50 and yet they were never even put in the art express nominations. It seems this pattern will happen for my class for those that didn't even get in the nominations and they were EXCELLENT...They were all amazing looking, way better than any of the past art express selections yet they won't even get the chance :( I've just read of someone who topped art in the state in the past, yet they didn't even make it into art express is very illogical. Where is the justification for this?!

I hope Art Express is a selection of the best and professional looking artworks, not a combination/balance between 'art that look like year 12 works,' as unfortunately this seems to be the case from previous year's selection and also looking at my own school as an example...

helani

HSC
bondal said:
if u didnt get nominated, sidelined, shortlisted or whatever does that mean you got below the 45/50 mark or whatever the cut off is?
no definately not. they don't do it like that at all. you could come first in the state and still not get into art express. it doesn't mean you got under 45/50.

andy_wahhole

HSC
my dear helani, surprise surprise, i found your post on this thread. while i'm at it, congratulations to all who got shortlisted for artexpress - hornsby and everyone else!

James87

Club Mac - 1st Year 2006!
HSC
Hornsby Girls - that is impressive. After going to their artshow - i expected 22/22!
They were really good. Yeah, good effort for my sister school, good old Normo Boys got 3 - but we will get you in theory! Did you get in Helani?

juni

juni
HSC
our school's result

50/50 - didn't get in
50/50 - didn't get in either
48/50 - got in the selection pool (me...)
48/50 - didn't get in
45/50 - got in the selection pool
45/50 - got in the selection pool

what's the point behind not selecting works that they know are better but would rather spare that position to someone who got a lower mark..?

To me, it seems very illogical... I always thought Art Express was meant to represent the 'best' in the state...

helenpoo

HSC
Woah, congrats everyone who's nominated! Looking at your art makes me feel bad :p But never really expected art expess, just hoping for a good mark. I have not been exactly dedicated this year, which I am steadily beating myself up for during these few weeks.

So yea, congrats and here's hoping for the best.

darkroomgirl

HSC
irnie said:
i dont think we hear if we're definitely in until all the vapds are called for and looked at... i did the NAS intensive theory workshop... i just hope i get in so they can kick themselves for not accepting me into the photography workshop!!! hmmmpphh! :D
HEY! I went to NAS, too!!!!! I actually did Photography, that was an awesome class. And my work got selected as well, it's all photography :) (plus a bit of fotoshop)

helani

HSC
James87 said:
Hornsby Girls - that is impressive. After going to their artshow - i expected 22/22!
They were really good. Yeah, good effort for my sister school, good old Normo Boys got 3 - but we will get you in theory! Did you get in Helani?
lol. yeah sure sure MAYBE in theory. we have "andy_wahhole" remember? we don't know who got in yet. so i don't know whether i did. we know from internal marking anna, kate and sarah got nominated. but we don't know about the externally marked ones. unless i didn't get in, which would explain why i wouldn't have known. but no one else has said anything. who got nominated from normo? three is pretty good.

Last edited:

helani

HSC
andy_wahhole said:
my dear helani, surprise surprise, i found your post on this thread. while i'm at it, congratulations to all who got shortlisted for artexpress - hornsby and everyone else!
AHAHAHAHA. TRUST.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
To me, it seems very illogical... I always thought Art Express was meant to represent the 'best' in the state...
It's not the best, they go through with a set 'theme' and they pick out works which they feel go well with their theme.

purpleskies

HSC
Hey not-that-bright, i LOVE your BOW, i wish i could make digital images like that. You'll get into art express easy. May i ask what programs u used and did u do any courses to learn how to make art like that? Im really interested

Last edited:

juni

juni
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
It's not the best, they go through with a set 'theme' and they pick out works which they feel go well with their theme.
I wonder what the theme is this year...

Mine was about nature, two friends who got selected, one is about fashion and the other is about time/movement...

The one that got rejected from our school that got 50/50 was about movement...

Confusing isn't it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)