• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

art scaling.. should i drop?! (1 Viewer)

ally-09

HSC
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1>
<!-- google_ad_section_start -->how badly will art scale if i dont do very well, say around 70-80%? does it generally scale badly? i know if all depends on the ranking and all that but just an idea as i dont know whether i should drop it?!<!-- google_ad_section_end --></SPAN>

muscleman09

HSC
Unfortunately it does. I'm in the same situation as you. Just make sure you can keep your ranking in the 1st quartile for VA, and when it comes to the actual HSC exam, make sure you get 80+ and you should be aiight.

dp624

HSC
very well is 70-80%!?!?
sorry

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
very well is 70-80%!?!?
sorry
LOL.

Depending on your UAI aim, your mark/rank in other subjects, the number of units you do and your rank in art you might consider dropping.... or you could just keep it and work your arse off to improve your marks!

ally-09

HSC
very well is 70-80%!?!?
sorry
70-80% is really bad! and art has been basically the worst of all my other subjects, 3u maths, business studies, sor1, chem, adv eng.
in art i am ranked 16/28... its TERRIBLE! but i dont know if its better to have backup units incase i flunk chem. :bomb:

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
^
ROFL.

70-80% is really bad! and art has been basically the worst of all my other subjects, 3u maths, business studies, sor1, chem, adv eng.
in art i am ranked 16/28... its TERRIBLE! but i dont know if its better to have backup units incase i flunk chem. :bomb:
Hmm well SORI has pretty crappy scaling but from memory it's better than art.

There's no point having back up units which you're failing, so my advice is to drop unless you can somehow improve your ranks drastically. What's your UAI aim anyway?

ally-09

HSC
^
ROFL.

Hmm well SORI has pretty crappy scaling but from memory it's better than art.

There's no point having back up units which you're failing, so my advice is to drop unless you can somehow improve your ranks drastically. What's your UAI aim anyway?

i would be pretty happy if i could get 85+

hmm mayb i have false hopes?

my school is ranked about 102
and these are estimated ranks in my classes:
chem: 6/12 - average mark: 72%
maths 3u: 6/8 - average mark: 74%
maths 2u:6/35 - average mark: 95%
Business studies: 3/40 - average mark: 90%
sor1: 5/72 - average mark: 85%
and art: 16/28 - average mark: 77%

(these are all approximates and guessed rankings btw!)

Last edited:

helper

HSC
N/A
Remember that although only 10 units of your marks added up count towards your UAI. All units are counted in the calculation of the scaling. This means if you are not working in a subject, then it will pull down all your other marks in the scaling process.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)